+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loop Hoses, DSV and BOV for Revo III Mini

RBW Member petkozaric is an unknown quantity at this point petkozaric's Avatar
    Revo, Satori

Loop Hoses, DSV and BOV for Revo III Mini

Hello,

I am waiting to arrive my Revo III Mini eXpedition, and I have a few question about It?

Could you tell what kind of loop hoses you preferred and how long It need to be on Revo III mini?

I use to use on my pSCR Satori, Copper 20", It perfectly lay to me. I think that somewhere I found that revo OEM hoses are 22" long.

I also used Golem BOV on pSCR, but we had 2x8l on 300bars of back gas on the back. On rEvo we have only 3L of diluent, what is your opinion about BOV and CCR? I know that a DSV is much simple solution, more comfortable for mouth and head movement.

BR
    Petko
    Last edited by petkozaric; 1st September 2018 at 01:07.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg + sidewinder

Re: Loop Hoses, DSV and BOV for Revo III Mini

Quote Originally Posted by petkozaric  View Original Post

I also used Golem BOV on pSCR, but we had 2x8l on 300bars of back gas on the back. On rEvo we have only 3L of diluent, what is your opinion about BOV and CCR? I know that a DSV is much simple solution, more comfortable for mouth and head movement.
    Connect the same BOV to your left side bailout (like an al80) with a high flow disconnect like a QC6. There is no good reason to connect your BOV to a 3L bottle. Not only will you drain it very fast, once it's empty you also have no power inflator. So not you have to do bailout ascent or cave exit and orally inflate your wing.

RBW Member macado is an unknown quantity at this point macado's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini-Aquaseal Edition

In my opinion 20" cooper hoses for the rEvo are "just right." After a while cooper hoses tend to strength and sag. The 22" will eventually become 24"..

I use 20" exactly for this reason.

RBW Member petkozaric is an unknown quantity at this point petkozaric's Avatar
    Revo, Satori

I assume that 20" will be enough.

Does anyone using p-port connection on rebreather or standard with thread?

RBW Member macado is an unknown quantity at this point macado's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini-Aquaseal Edition

Quote Originally Posted by petkozaric  View Original Post
    I assume that 20" will be enough.

Does anyone using p-port connection on rebreather or standard with thread?
    The older rEvos IIs used P-port connectors on the loop however rEvo III units use their own threaded connectors.

+ Reply to Thread