+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Apeks4 charging issue

RBW Member K.Aq is an unknown quantity at this point K.Aq's Avatar
    Meg15

Re: Apeks4 charging issue

Quote Originally Posted by longk14  View Original Post
    Thanks!

RBW Member jhontarrede is an unknown quantity at this point jhontarrede's Avatar
    MEG 15

Quote Originally Posted by longk14  View Original Post
    Hi,

This is written:

- Apple wall charger for phone: 5Watt@5V(1000mA or 1 Amp).
    - Use a charger that has a range of output of 5V@500mA (minimum).

Nothing about the famous "over 2 Amp. charger"

I used everything possible (at least 4 different chargers with 4 different ranges), rebooted thousand of times, nothing worked. The battery percentage is stuck around 71% and drops to 65% during charge. The handset is not usable safely.

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Don't you worry Dennis has just received bunch of brand new batteries now he will be sorting you guys.

RBW Member ruud@glijnis.net is an unknown quantity at this point ruud@glijnis.net's Avatar
    Meg

yeah right, he'll sort it for 50 pounds. It should be warranty.

RBW Member njdiverjoe is an unknown quantity at this point njdiverjoe's Avatar

Hi guys something else you can try, not sure if it will help.

I had a battery charging issue where when the handset was plugged into a usb charger. The symptoms where that when plugged in I would not get the lightning bolt charging symbol.

The fix was to remove the battery from the handset and let it sit for a few minutes to let it "reset". Then reinstall the battery and plug into the charger.

RBW Member jhontarrede is an unknown quantity at this point jhontarrede's Avatar
    MEG 15

Quote Originally Posted by ruud@glijnis.net  View Original Post
    yeah right, he'll sort it for 50 pounds. It should be warranty.
    Actually I changed mine in May (ordered from Dennis for 50 pounds).It only worked for 15 dives...

RBW Member ruud@glijnis.net is an unknown quantity at this point ruud@glijnis.net's Avatar
    Meg

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Does anyone know where to buy these batteries (except for Dennis)?

May be we should consider to treat these batteries as 'semi' rechargeble: meaning they will last 3 to 15 cycles before you have to replace them.

RBW Member njdiverjoe is an unknown quantity at this point njdiverjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ruud@glijnis.net  View Original Post
    Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Does anyone know where to buy these batteries (except for Dennis)?

May be we should consider to treat these batteries as 'semi' rechargeble: meaning they will last 3 to 15 cycles before you have to replace them.

You can but the battery straight from ISC, probably not too convenient for you guys not in USA and shipping will probably be a ton.

We all know that treating the batteries as 'semi' rechargable is ridiculous, especially for a battery with such a price point. The battery in my handset is now two years old and still holds a decent charge, I can do a weekend of diving without worrying about having to charge the battery.

Not sure what batteries you guys are getting from Dennis, but the battery in my handset is EEMB LP884765. You can see the battery listed on http://www.eemb.com/battery/recharge...d-version.html In the specs it says it should last for 800 charge/discharge cycles, which should in theory last many years.

I couldn't find any web store with the battery -- I think you have to contact EEMB directly. Also, there is a circuit board on the battery (probably to monitor charging/discharging and battery temperature). I don't know if the battery pack and circuit board are both from EEMB together or separate sources?

Not a ton of help but that should give you some leads.

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Minimum order from EEMB is 3000 units of this battery. Bringing this batteries from US to Europe is a pain and super expensive. You can only import 3 or 4 at a time. And this easily makes a $10 battery arrive to Europe at the price tab of £50.

I can confirm the battery is original from EEMB and doesn't suffer any change or modified any way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2