+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Apeks4 charging issue

RBW Member ruud@glijnis.net is an unknown quantity at this point ruud@glijnis.net's Avatar
    Meg

Apeks4 charging issue

If I charge the handset, I will see the charging symbol on the display, but it will not charge. If I turn off the handset, it also will not charge. Does anyone know a solution?

I own the handset since December '15, it always had charging issues (including the random percentage issue), it has been back to the UK and the battery is changed. It seems that I can charge it once, and after that charging issues will occur .

RBW Member K.Aq is an unknown quantity at this point K.Aq's Avatar
    Meg15

Re: Apeks4 charging issue

I guess you've done the 'Discharge to 10%, wifi menu reboot, charge to 100%, wifi menu reboot..' procedure, and it didn't help?

RBW Member njdiverjoe is an unknown quantity at this point njdiverjoe's Avatar

I had this same problem. Apparently if you have a charger which does not supply enough amperage it will have this effect. I was able to resolve the issue by moving to a charger which was rated for higher amperage. I don't remember the exact model but it can supply 2+ amps.

As mentioned in the previous post you may also need to calibrate the battery percentage "fuel gauge" since the battery was just changed.

RBW Member jhontarrede is an unknown quantity at this point jhontarrede's Avatar
    MEG 15

Hi all,

Similar issue for me. Brand new battery from Dennis in UK (05/2018). It worked correctly for 6 dives then it became impossible to charge it anymore. The new handset battery drops from 80% to 40% on a 2 hours dive. It is designed to last 24h diving.

RBW Member ruud@glijnis.net is an unknown quantity at this point ruud@glijnis.net's Avatar
    Meg

Hi All,

I tried the discharge to the low battery alarm, reboot, etc. It did not fix the issue.
    Also tried the 2.1A charger, also did not fix the issue.
    Waiting for a new battery, but if I get the same quality as jhontarrede, I think I am out of options.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by ruud@glijnis.net  View Original Post
    Hi All,

I tried the discharge to the low battery alarm, reboot, etc. It did not fix the issue.
    Also tried the 2.1A charger, also did not fix the issue.
    Waiting for a new battery, but if I get the same quality as jhontarrede, I think I am out of options.
    have you tried a reboot? It might just need to refresh the battery monitor
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Meg

yep, I rebooted it a zillion times

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

After the battery is screwed there is nothing more you can do. You should have read the manual of the Meg15 where it clearly says... always use a charger that can provide 2 or more amp of output current.

Shame on ISC for not providing one... is costing them more replacing batteries under warranty than to provide a shitty usb charger with the machine.

Meg

Funny thing is, I did read the manual. The latest decoman manual on Apeks4 battery:

apeks4batt.png

Not much requirements on the charger........

Could you enlighten me where you found the requirements on the charger?

RBW Member longk14 is an unknown quantity at this point longk14's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast