+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AP Diving Inspiration_Bail out GF

RBW Member gzaccaria is an unknown quantity at this point gzaccaria's Avatar
    AP Diving Evo +

AP Diving Inspiration_Bail out GF

Hello,
    with the AP Diving Inspiration Vision 2020, it is possible to choose GF for the CCR but also a second set of GF in case of Bail-Out. I tend to use 30/85 GF for my CCR dive and was wondering if there was a good GF option in case of Bail Out. I suppose that if one decides to bail out it is because shit has hit the fan and consequently the sooner to the surface the better. As such, is choosing 10/90 for Bail Out GF a good option?

I am not an experienced CCR diver (30 dives - Advanced Recreational Trimix).

Thanks for your help...

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

Re: AP Diving Inspiration_Bail out GF

50/90 perhaps based on latest research and hang until the gas runs out?? The low GF would get you shallower quicker if the number is bigger.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

I guess it comes down to what risk is acceptable to you. If you have to bailout, is having a less conservative GF (and thus higher risk of DCS) worth the risk to you to have less deco and to get shallower faster? I personally plan my BO at the same GF, so I have plenty of gas to have one less thing to worry about in a BO situation. On the other hand, I have the bailout plan at 80/90 in my wet notes for just-in-case.

Jim

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RBW Member ColinT is an unknown quantity at this point ColinT's Avatar
    Evolution+

If you use a shearwater as backup, there's the gf99 display that can be used to control emergency ascents.

+ Reply to Thread