+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A I or Maxtec

RBW Member DaleHawerchuck is an unknown quantity at this point DaleHawerchuck's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Re: A I or Maxtec

Quote Originally Posted by andrespp  View Original Post
    Which ones are those?

Not sure if you mean Vandagraph....

http://www.vandagraph.co.uk/?uid=&sessionid=

but Vandagraph does not longer sell cells for diving, right?
    You're right I misspelled sorry about that.

From what I know, a few stores/distributors are selling them "rebranded". It either has to do with commercial/marketing purposes or legal/accountability or both. So they probably never will tell you what is the original manufacturer, but some of them are Vandagraph. They have transparent outer shell and inner green PCB.

I'm pretty sure that Narkedat90 and KISS supplied cells are Vandagraphs, that's where I get mine. Subgravity ones used to be but they switched to AI last time I ordered.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

I don't think Vandegraph sells retail.
    Narked@90 and rEvo brand Vandegraph cells.

RBW Member Chris_H is an unknown quantity at this point Chris_H's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I have been getting cells from Narked@90 for my KISS Classic. I have also used the rEvo labeled cells.

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

So I am trying to figure out all the cells, rebranding, and stuff going on. I think I have some of it figured out.

Vandagraph are the clear housing with green boards. Rebadged as KISS and REVO house brand cells.

That leaves the black housing as Analytical Industries,
    and the white housing (also with green board) as Maxtec?

Is that the rebranding structure?

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

SMS202 (proprietary sensor for the Topaz and SM1600 - basically a 15.5)

IMG_7287[1].jpg
    White, Green Board... I would be hesitant to use colors to determine who makes what. the mV output, response time, and connector is the best way to see if a certain sensor will work with your rebreather. AI has the specs online as do other manufacturers, don't go by colors of the sensor.

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

I was referring to a given sensor for a single application. Figuring which brand is which. In my case an RD22 or the equivalent across different brands.

NOT interchanging applications or trying to use different outputs. I thought that was understood, but without saying it I made the bad assumption. Hopefully it is clear now.

So can you tell brand (NOT MODEL) simply by the shell?

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by broncobowsher  View Original Post

So can you tell brand (NOT MODEL) simply by the shell?

Maybe, maybe not. AI for example has used different casings or "shells" as you state for the same guts of a sensor. So once again I would not use what they look like to determine if they will work for you. Some sensors look the same but have completely different specs internally. Get the specs of the sensor, response time, and plug type from the manufacturer. You may also notice some sensor manufacturers state that their sensors are good from 12 to 24 months and everything inbetween; based on usage and how they are stored of course. Remember, this is the most critical part of your rebreather, don't cheap out on it to save a dime. Use what the manufacturer of your rebreather states, don't go DIY Bill Nye the Science Guy with your life.

TBD

Somewhere you picked up some wild idea that I am looking to graft in some oddball cell to make something maybe work. Maybe I asked the question wrong. I'll try and rephrase it and get back to the "rebranding" question.

Pick a rebreather. Kiss, Revo, anything that uses an RD22 cell. You can buy correctly matched cells for that rebreather from a dozen different places. Sometimes the seller is up front about where the cell came from. Add Helium for example will sell you a cell made by Analytical Industries or Narked at 90. Both will work, both are correct (ignoring the quality issues at the moment). The Narked at 90 is a rebranded Vandegraph (already discussed). So that is a known rebrand. Go someplace like SubGravity and they sell cells as well. They are listed as a Subgravity brand cell. They didn't make them, they are a rebrand. It is a white shell, not clear or black.

The factory Revo and KISS cells are Vandegraphs and are all clear cases. Just with the Revo or KISS branding on them. Obviously factory recommended as that is what they are built with. But there are other cells with the same specs that work as well. SubGravity sells a Revo cell with a SubGravity name on it.

So the question is, can you tell the original manufacturer of the cell (not the retailer who put there name on it) by looking at the shell? I think you can, but can't guarantee it. Thus why I am asking the question. The clear housings I have seen have all come back to being Vandegraph, regardless if the name on the label is Narked at 90, KISS, or Revo. The black housing looks like Analytical Industries, maybe someone else as well? The white housing? What company makes those (for other's to put there name on)?

If that didn't clarify the question I give up.

MK15.5, MK25

What rebreather are you currently diving?

TBD

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    What rebreather are you currently diving?
    Not that it should matter, this is more of a generic question. I was intentionally leaving this out as I didn't want to get this into brand specific. But since you ask, Revo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast