+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A I or Maxtec

An independent diver. bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso's Avatar
    MCCR Dolphin

A I or Maxtec

I didn't have much luck with AI the last time I tried them. Has their QC improved over the last couple years? I am looking at the MAX 305F or PSR-11-39 MD

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: A I or Maxtec

Quote Originally Posted by bletso  View Original Post
    I didn't have much luck with AI the last time I tried them. Has their QC improved over the last couple years? I am looking at the MAX 305F or PSR-11-39 MD
    Dale, I've heard bad QC things with Maxtec sensors. A few guys I dive with who have tried them went back to AI sensors. I can't remember the specifics as it was a few years ago. Perhaps they have worked their QC issues out. Matex is based in Ewtah, SLC or West Valley I think.

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

FWIW.....I used Maxtec 305's, and they worked fine for me. I did have one start flaking out about 6 or 7 months in. I wrote a nice letter to Maxtec explaining my issues, and they sent me three new ones with no fuss. Didn't even ask for old ones back.

FD

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Oops...actually used 305 F's. As I understand it, the F's are supposed to have faster response times, hence the F.

FD

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

The only maxtec issues I know about was slow reaction time. It was most noticeable when mixing cell brands. I have been told that reaction time is a function of the (expendable) electrolyte KOH. If there is more the cells react slower but will last longer than a faster cell with a thinner electrolyte layer.
    my 0.02
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member DaleHawerchuck is an unknown quantity at this point DaleHawerchuck's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Use Vandergraphs. They are a bit more expensive but you will get your money back on the long run. I don't think I ever had a single one of them fail me, i just discard them when they become too old.

They are also crazy stable. Most of the time when calibrating I don't actually need to calibrate cause they stay on the spot of their previous calibration, even weeks later. While sometimes with cheap cells you can see them lightly drift from one another during a dive, my Vandergraphs all stay super close, often less than .02 during the dive.

I used Maxtec and a lot of AIs before. These would fail me regularly and I was getting sick of this.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RBW Member andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp's Avatar

Every time I have tried AIs they have been complete POS.

Maxtec 305Fs , tried them some years ago, and they work well, but on long or repetitive dives the readings become a bit erratic. I think that the metal mesh on the sensible face of the cell retains humidity, hence the readings inaccuracy but not completely sure if this is the cause. Allowing the cells to vent at the end of each dive is critical for this make of cells.

Since some years ago I have been using Narked at 90 cells. They work very well for about 18 months in my Classic Kiss, diving once in a week, dive time between 100 and 180 minutes usually.

305Fs, aside of the accuracy problems, last less than one year.

RBW Member andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    The only maxtec issues I know about was slow reaction time. It was most noticeable when mixing cell brands. I have been told that reaction time is a function of the (expendable) electrolyte KOH. If there is more the cells react slower but will last longer than a faster cell with a thinner electrolyte layer.
    my 0.02

the 305F have acceptable response times, the 305 were way slooooooooooow.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleHawerchuck  View Original Post
    Use Vandergraphs.

Which ones are those?

Not sure if you mean Vandagraph....

http://www.vandagraph.co.uk/?uid=&sessionid=

but Vandagraph does not longer sell cells for diving, right?

Supporting Member Pilot_dc is an unknown quantity at this point Pilot_dc's Avatar
    Prism2

http://www.vandagraphst.com/about_us.htm

Quote Originally Posted by andrespp  View Original Post
    Which ones are those?

Not sure if you mean Vandagraph....

http://www.vandagraph.co.uk/?uid=&sessionid=

but Vandagraph does not longer sell cells for diving, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast