+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anatomy of a deep rebreather dive

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: Anatomy of a deep rebreather dive

My suggestion would be you break your questions down abit, and then get more advanced, like what are the basic gases to do a 100M dive, including Bail Out(OC, not BOV). Then you can get into using them with a BOV, etc.

RBW Member bobbob23 is an unknown quantity at this point bobbob23's Avatar

Seeing as most of you can't be bothered to contribute anything of substance here, I would ask that you post any posts not directly in reply to the OP here.

Supporting Member Pilot_dc is an unknown quantity at this point Pilot_dc's Avatar
    Prism2

I was asking similar questions at about the same stage of training because I was wondering about the realistic advantages of going down the rebreather road, and I wanted to understand what the CCR divers around me were doing and why.

Let’s assume I have a reasonably stock CCR equipped with a BOV. What dil would one use (10/70)? That could work, you generally shoot for about 1.1 PPO2 on Dil at max depth, or at least 0.1 below target set point.

What’s my bailout look like three cylinders: Ali 80 with 10/70 another with Nx50 and one more with 80-100% That could work, you might go a little richer on bottom bailout, closer to 1.4 at max depth.

Predive checks carried out and all is good, setpoint would be set at the surface to 0.7? Depends on the unit to some extent. 0.7 isn’t unreasonble, but a little lower is good if you plan a fairly quick descent.

Begin the descent, the BOV will be connected to my highest O2 bailout stage? Highly dependent on your own setup.

During the descent, I would increase my setpoint to 1.0 - 1.3, what depth would this change happen, what setpoint for this dive? I do it at the bottom. PPO2 will increase with depth. I manually manage set point until level off.

I would need to switch my BOV to a safe working gas would I go onto my deepest bailout as soon as it’s breathable?

All the bailout bottles have a quick disconnect how is hose routing to the BOV done? Depends on the unit and your setup.

Many of the plans give me back CNS errors (set at 80%) what should be entered into multdeco?
    You’ll find literature on this that’s based on controlled studies.
    Last edited by Pilot_dc; 10th July 2018 at 04:14.

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot_dc  View Original Post
    I was asking similar questions at about the same stage of training because I was wondering about the realistic advantages of going down the rebreather road, and I wanted to understand what the CCR divers around me were doing and why.
    Ditto.
    To me, it seems a lot like the questions I was asking RB divers as I was gaining knowledge and trying to decide whether to get into RBs. In my case, I asked divers in person and got similar information to what is being asked, but my queries were received in a much friendlier manner

In any case, I do this type of research about just about anything that involves a lot of time, money or effort, so the OP's questions don't seem that unusual to me. Of course, I might just be naive and he's really collecting and documenting this top secret information for some nefarious use.... and if that's the case, this information should be kept from him - even though it is readily available to anyone who wants to wade through hundreds of forum posts, or buy books on rebreathers, etc.

Quite frankly, a lot of the "stupidness" in the first post simply sounds like the OP is applying an OC mindset when thinking about rebreathers. I had some similar ideas before my training.

I hope someone gives the guy what he's looking for. I would, but alas, I'm a lowly pSCR diver.

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Agree completely.

I would answer myself, but I have only been on mine since the first of the year. I don't know the answer. I was hoping to follow this post and get some answers myself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3