+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to get those Thai kids out?

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: How to get those Thai kids out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballester  View Original Post
    Since the deepest part of the cave is only 5 meters. Oxygen tanks do make sense... probably is not that stupid.
    Give them a break... they are not divers for them those are Oxygen bottles the same they use in hospitals why do the diver community still gets idiot with this terms instead of trying to clarify them.

But they aren't using O2, they are use N2O2. If my job was to report news, and get the facts accurate and correct, I'd do just that. This clown has done anything but. And See BS is still reporting the team is using oxygen tanks while the rest of the world is reporting what is actually being pumped into the cave - AIR.

RBW Member dirtdiver67 is an unknown quantity at this point dirtdiver67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schultz  View Original Post
    That's horrible news.
    Excuse the metaphor, but these guys are between the devil and the deep blue sea.
    Wait for months (?) in a cave with decreasing oxygen levels or try to shepherd non-divers through a rather long and extreme cave diving situation.
    As much as I love armchair quarterbacking diving situations, this is just an incredibly tough place to be. The best we can hope for is to minimize any further fatalities.
    someone really needs to come up with a plan,what a terrible situation,action needs to be taken from everyone,ie equipment,supplies,more divers,technical support,manpower.sustaining life is prob the most important thing,while people get there heads together and decide.

well done to the divers who found them,it must have been a emotional experience seeing the children safe.the most important thing is to move on in a positive manner,the situation is serious,there is a whole community's out there putting heads together.

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    But they aren't using O2, they are use N2O2. If my job was to report news, and get the facts accurate and correct, I'd do just that. This clown has done anything but. And See BS is still reporting the team is using oxygen tanks while the rest of the world is reporting what is actually being pumped into the cave - AIR.

If you were reporting news you wanted to put together 1000 words on a topic and move to the other one like all the reporters around the world do.
    This is not investigation news... this is fill newspaper news... 1000 words move on to the other. Give the guy a break.. even here in the UK in Portugal is the same thing... Oxygen tanks, oxygen tanks, breath oxygen...

Is a minor detail that doesn't contribute in anything to the story. But somehow is driving you mad. :D

RBW Censor Bait teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple's Avatar
    Mk 15.5

Mk 15, Classic & Sport KISS

"Compressed air" has been known as "oxygen" to reporters long before scuba was not an acronym. Since I was diving in the eighties at least.

In any case, the reports now indicating extraction op has started. Two experts to a novice, perhaps full face mask with long secondary hose to the extractee. I believe this event will be historical in our community, in terms of the cave diving crash courses for 13 persons who probably never had any interest in diving whatsoever.

RBW Member dirtdiver67 is an unknown quantity at this point dirtdiver67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdiver67  View Original Post
    someone really needs to come up with a plan,what a terrible situation,action needs to be taken from everyone,ie equipment,supplies,more divers,technical support,manpower.sustaining life is prob the most important thing,while people get there heads together and decide.

well done to the divers who found them,it must have been a emotional experience seeing the children safe.the most important thing is to move on in a positive manner,the situation is serious,there is a whole community's out there putting heads together.
    great news,some rescued already..

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

I am thrilled that those kids are out and the skills that some of us honed over difficult expensive years were helpful in this rescue. Now I want to know what happened to the Thai diver. Despite the news I ain't buying that a Thai Seal diver ran out of air. Not in that situation where you have teams stringing tanks and a strict mission on the line. Something else happened. What?

RBW Censor Bait teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple's Avatar
    Mk 15.5

Mk 15, Classic & Sport KISS

So far the most technical details I have found were in this article. The subjects breathed 80% nitrox via positive pressure full face masks.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...-cave-mission/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2