+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Megalodon display wanted

RBW Member Jurgen is an unknown quantity at this point Jurgen's Avatar

Megalodon display wanted

I am looking for a "used" or "new" display for my 12 year old Meg.
    Maybe someone out there has an extra display laying around he does not need any more and is willing to sell it. All I would need is the display and not the housing, but I will take whatever I can get.

Thanks

See pictures for what exactly I am looking for.

IMG_4878.jpgIMG_4877.jpg

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Re: Megalodon display wanted

Just the LCD display or the whole board under it as well? If just the LCD screen, what is the rest of the numbers at the Philco under the silicone blob in the corner?

I need the LCD display and the board under it as well

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

[QUOTE=Jurgen;491608]I need the LCD display and the board under it as well[/QUOTE

If you need just the display I can give you the links were to buy it in any electronics house or in china thru ebay.

If you what you need is the display and the board underneath then is another story... I can be able to get you one. But is not going to be cheap for sure.

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

This might make for a good Arduino project.

I defiantly need the display and the board under it as well.
    How much is "not going to be cheap" ?

[QUOTE=Ballester;491615]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen  View Original Post
    I need the LCD display and the board under it as well[/QUOTE

If you need just the display I can give you the links were to buy it in any electronics house or in china thru ebay.

If you what you need is the display and the board underneath then is another story... I can be able to get you one. But is not going to be cheap for sure.

TBD

Just looking at the pictures I don't see any damaged components. Just a few spots of crystalized salt deposits or spot corrosion. I would try and clean that off and see if that fixes things. At this point you are calling it dead, what have you got to loose? Check the solder joints for any that may have come loose and they may need a touch of heat to reflow them. And try to put something over the crappy solder job where the wires are soldered to the posts. Those look like they are wanting to touch each other.

For a little inspiration https://xkcd.com/1994/

RBW Member Deep_Six is an unknown quantity at this point Deep_Six's Avatar
    Mk15.5

Meg, rEvo, KISS, Dräger

I may have one but I’m out at sea for a bit. I’ll take a look when we get back in.

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

[QUOTE=Jurgen;491625]I defiantly need the display and the board under it as well.
    How much is "not going to be cheap" ?

I think they cost brand new around $250 directly from ISC. Trust me they are really simple to repair.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Meg 2.7 :) - of course

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen  View Original Post
    I am looking for a "used" or "new" display for my 12 year old Meg.
    Maybe someone out there has an extra display laying around he does not need any more and is willing to sell it. All I would need is the display and not the housing, but I will take whatever I can get.

Thanks

See pictures for what exactly I am looking for.

Attachment 44596Attachment 44597

I will have 1 for You soon, ( Free of charge ) Getting another Meg and I will be replacing the Secondary ( If this is the Display that You require?? ) Let me know

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast