+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What can go wrong?

RBW Member Dive Africa is an unknown quantity at this point Dive Africa's Avatar
    Meg Classic & Meg 15

Re: What can go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by manuelita  View Original Post
    Hi all,

Same analysis, with the addition of several other factors favoring DCS, according to the latest studies published in France on decompression in diving.

1) The best ascent speed would be 15 Meters/Minutes, 10 Meters/Minutes being too slow and reserved for TRIMIX dives.

2) The use of GF 30/70 not suitable for an AIR dive but for a hypoxic TRIMIX dive dominated by HELIUM gaz.
    For an air dives the GF would be between 80/80 and 100/100.

All of this being added to the risk factors cited by NITROGENOUS,

I'm not surprised, but sorry for what happened.
    I hope that it is not too serious and without consequences.
    Some dangerous advice here (and previously)- 80/80 and 100/110 maybe for short no decompression - i.e. recreational dives AND if you are young and fit - personally I would not dive the 30 on decompression dives (I would dive closer to 50)- but should be OK. and at 60 plus years old 100/100 just not on with surgery

The only thing bad about that dive is the Zig-zag profile - the rest is just meh.

Please give us the full dive profiles - plus what exposure gear was worn - what dives before hand and what dives after. how fit is your dad is he over weight - what did he do before the dive and after the dive - such as exercise, alcohol etc and if when.

Where (physically) exactly did he bend - when and where was the onset of the symptoms

Quite frankly you are getting such bad advice here - rather go see a proper DAN dive doctor and do a real analysis - and sometimes sh!t just happen - one day you do the dive all is good and the next day you do the same dive and bend - why?

Non of the other guys doing exactly the same dives bend - right?

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Dive Africa  View Original Post
    Some dangerous advice here (and previously)- 80/80 and 100/110 maybe for short no decompression

so what is dangerous with 80/80 ? 100/110 I agree..
    Raising GF lo significantly in comparison to the past seems to be in line with what most folks have been doing successfully. and a GF hi of 80 does not seem to be overly agreesive. Given the age I would also rather lower it to 70 and hence 70/70 but I would not judge GF hi 80 as necessarily dangerous. Especially given the overall dive times these were if at all definitely short decompression times..

Quote Originally Posted by Dive Africa  View Original Post
    The only thing bad about that dive is the Zig-zag profile - the rest is just meh.

The rest is just meh? really.. at plus 60 yrs of age? Surely some of the mentioned topics (e.g. reverse profiling) had been overrated in the past but with "natural" risk factors increasing to me it surely makes sense to try to avoid as many of the other factors instead of viewing them as meh..
    And surely there is no plausible reason at all why one should dive Air as Dil on a 45 m dive especially when already diving a CCR..
    But ok meh..

[QUOTE=Dive Africa;491557]
    Please give us the full dive profiles - plus what exposure gear was worn - what dives before hand and what dives after. how fit is your dad is he over weight - what did he do before the dive and after the dive - such as exercise, alcohol etc and if when.

Where (physically) exactly did he bend - when and where was the onset of the symptoms
    QUOTE]

Here I agree further detail might be helpful but already from what info is available it still is surely not an "out of the blue totally surprising hit"..
    to be fair it is also not a dive, where one would say you had to be hit, I did not want to imply that..
    And for sure a lot of folks would get away with it doing the exact same thing..

Several yrs ago being mid 30s and fairly fit overall I did get bend on a similar dive though.. 45 m, Air Dil, Cold water, short deco... SP 1.3 at bottom bumped during deco and flushed frequently at 6m stop.. total dive time 70 m
    so it does happen..
    After all I knew the mistakes though as well and was not "surprised".. I just recently had a chest infection and had been drinking the night before and I got cold during deco due to a small leak at drysuit at exhaust valve..

RBW Member jamproof is an unknown quantity at this point jamproof's Avatar

Not knowing the exact Profiles it looks more like the sum of many little risk factors than one big mistake. I would deeply recommend your father to see Frank Hartig in Innsbruck who is the most experienced diving Doc in the Area. All the best for your Dad.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by jamproof  View Original Post
    ...to see Frank Hartig in Innsbruck who is the most experienced diving Doc in the Area.
    Good point :)
    And maybe one day we can read a full analysis in wetnotes magazine...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2