+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SW Florida/Punta Gorda rebreather dive buddy?

RBW Member moteman is an unknown quantity at this point moteman's Avatar
    Optima

SW Florida/Punta Gorda rebreather dive buddy?

I'm looking for a local rebreather dive buddy. My #1 dive buddy(Wife) is only an OC diver and I'd like to have someone to dive CCR with. I'm retired so I'm available almost any time, local charters, Keys or East coast wrecks. I'm also cavern certified. I dive a DiveRite Optima, Normox only right now, but I'm working on my hours for Trimix.

Optima

Re: SW Florida/Punta Gorda rebreather dive buddy?

Are there no rebreather divers in SW Florida?

RBW Member cavemook is an unknown quantity at this point cavemook's Avatar
    optima

I live a little north of Tampa. I also dive an Optima (mostly cave diving) I am interesting in doing some ocean diving with my Optima. My biggest problem is getting time off work. I need to do some advance planning. I am going to innerspace in Grand Cayman next month, but won't be able to dive again before June. I'd love to have a few new buddies to
    dive with.

RBW Member Fldvr is an unknown quantity at this point Fldvr's Avatar

I would be willing to bet that if you put together a trip or two to the Bayronto or Mohawk you would have more friends than you would know what to do with.!

Optima

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried putting together a trip to the Bayronto, but I guess the cost was too rich. There are only two charter operators that run out to the Bayronto. One, Aristakat wants $750 for the trip and can only accommodate 5 divers and Maxed Out charters wants $1000 for the trip but can accommodate 6 divers....$150 /diver on AristaKat or $166/diver on Maxed Out.... I posted the info on the Fantasea Scuba FB page without any takers. I guess all the local CCR divers would rather go to Pompano to dive the same wrecks over and over. I guess I could try post on here to see if there are any takers.

+ Reply to Thread