+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G-Box vs Custom Diver frame

RBW Member Simon-inspo is an unknown quantity at this point Simon-inspo's Avatar
    Inspo

G-Box vs Custom Diver frame

Hi, I'm just getting ready to take my unit abroad for the first time (Malta), I currently have the original setup and although I don't have enough time this time around, I'm really now starting to think about how to make the unit more travel friendly...

Therefore - what are peoples opinions on the G-box vs the Custom Diver rebreather frame? The frame appears to be slightly cheaper, but you seem to get more with the G-box...?

All thoughts and comments welcome, pretty new to this...!

RBW Member ssk is an unknown quantity at this point ssk's Avatar
    Dolphin, Meg 2.7, Pathfinder,

LAR VI, Fenzy PO68, Homebuilt

Re: G-Box vs Custom Diver frame

I would suggest you to give try to the PLDT travel frame also. I consider this as the best solution for travelling purposes and not only,
    BR
    D.

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

The other frame I have seen recently is the new Kent tooling travel frame which is round vs square and seems to get good reviews. Be interested if anyone has used one of these to comment??

RBW Member Vanny is an unknown quantity at this point Vanny's Avatar
    Inspo vision

I use the current KT frame. Very good. It prob weighs around 5kg with handle and stand. I donít fly with my unit so canít comment on travel. It does come to pieces very easily, mainly just an Allen (hex) key. Once broken down the main body will go in an A4 envelope , so handy for packing !

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Simon-inspo  View Original Post
    Hi, I'm just getting ready to take my unit abroad for the first time (Malta), I currently have the original setup and although I don't have enough time this time around, I'm really now starting to think about how to make the unit more travel friendly...

Therefore - what are peoples opinions on the G-box vs the Custom Diver rebreather frame? The frame appears to be slightly cheaper, but you seem to get more with the G-box...?

All thoughts and comments welcome, pretty new to this...!
    Can't really comment on the Custom Divers frame but I have spent a while examining a G-box at close quarters and it is a thing of great beauty. It is well made, thoughtfully laid out and all of the features you'd like to see; the kind of thing where you won't need to add anything to it, because everything is already there. The only drawbacks I found with the G-box was a) although an Evolution like mine can fit in one, it is not really sized for it, so you normally need to replace the hoses from the first stages, and b) my old yellow box hasn't broken and I'd promised SWMBO I wouldn't buy one unless it did break! :-( That's hardly the G-box's fault though and if that yellow box does ever break, I'll be almost certainly buying one.

RBW Member monkfe is an unknown quantity at this point monkfe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jturner  View Original Post
    The only drawbacks I found with the G-box was a) although an Evolution like mine can fit in one, it is not really sized for it, so you normally need to replace the hoses from the first stages
    Just ordered two of these from Graham, he advised that for the evo (my son's unit), he makes a riser that fits under the scrubber. I'll post a pic when I get it....waiting patiently

+ Reply to Thread