+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Haarlem, the Netherlands.

RBW Member Tekkie is an unknown quantity at this point Tekkie's Avatar
    Not yet

Hello from Haarlem, the Netherlands.

Hello from Haarlem, the Netherlands.

I'm Nico, 53 years old and scuba diving since 2004. In 2016 I did IANTD Tek Lite course. In 2017 I did IANTD Normoxic+ and next month I'm doing IANTD Full Trimix course with Techwise on Malta. So what will be next? Maybe a rebreather? I've heard so many stories (good and bad) about rebreathers and I'm still not sure if it's my cup of tea. I hope I'm able to do a rebreather try-dive after completion of the Full Trimix course. Maybe that experience will help to make up my mind.
    On one hand it is the most logical step to do after Full Trimix because I love deep technical diving and I don't like the short bottom times on OC. But, if I'm honest, I'm also "a bit afraid" of the rebreather. And for most of the dives I do, which are no tec dives, I don't really need one. On the other hand I know that you need to practice a lot before getting familiar with the rebreather and therefore it would be wise to do all dives, including the recreational ones, on the machine to build up experience.
    I also did some research on different rebreathers by reading articles on the internet and talking to people. If I had to choose one now I would probably buy the JJ.

So completely new on rebreathers. Therefore I joint Rebreather world to read and learn more about rebreathers. I hope this site can also help me to make up my mind on making a decision about buying one (yes or no), and, if yes, which one.

Greetings with(out) bubbles,
    Nico

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: Hello from Haarlem, the Netherlands.

Hi,

Welcome and have fun reading. If you would decide to go ccr I wouldn’t bother doing the full trimix course on OC.
    Afraid of ccr ? Why ? It’s a machine that will try too kill you but if you pay enough attention to it it won’t and you will have a lot of fun with it, kinda like being married

Wich ccr ? I would look wich you like and if there are some in your neighborhood, it will help the learning curve if you have people to dive with that can help you

Dives where you don’t need ccr ? I dive a lot in the 7-30 m range, definitely don’t need a ccr there but it’s just fun and diving it even there helps me with experience and muscle memory.

Have fun !

Greetings from Belgium

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

A good book to read is “rebreathers simplified” by Mel Clark.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Welcome to RBW.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    A good book to read is “rebreathers simplified” by Mel Clark.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have a look for it. I just ordered "The Basics of Rebreather Diving" by Jill Heinerth.

RBW Member germie is an unknown quantity at this point germie's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision/Sidekick

Welcome. I followed the same path as you did (full trimix with Techwise, then went over to ccr). I own an Inspiration (eCCR, I am Inspo instructor) and a sidemount ccr (mCCR), have dived several other ccr's. I am from the Netherlands too.

RBW Member taimen is an unknown quantity at this point taimen's Avatar

Hello, I am a fellow quiet member from northern europe. I am considering crossing to CCR after adv. rec. trimix level since I think rebreather is superior to OC beyond that level.
    Many people around me are diving rebreathers, so many that it would be easier to find buddies with CCR.
    I have not yet decided on when I should start training and how much more OC experience I should build before.
    As for rebreather, JJ is ubiquitous around me. I still also find X-CCR very appealing, as well as SF-2 for it's clean configuration.
    How did you end up choosing JJ, and did you consider X-CCR, SF-2 or others as serious alternatives to JJ?

RBW Member germie is an unknown quantity at this point germie's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision/Sidekick

I have dived XCCR, SF2 and JJ too. I own an Inspiration and a Kisskat and I don't have the money to change to another unit and this one works fine.
    XCCR is too heavy to travel, so for me no option at the moment. And it seems not to have CE yet.
    SF2 is nice, streamlined and I like the idea of converting sidemount to backmount. But the wob is much higher than from other ccr's. I will try the sidemount version in a couple of months.
    Further I have dived the Meglodon 2.7, nice, but I do not like the idea of oxygen at inhale side.
    Poseidon 6. Ok to dive, but lot's of checks and if you wait too long between turning it on, do all checks and jump in the water, it is turned off automatically and you cannot turn it on under water. all the warnings when starting with not full cylinders, etc I do not like.
    Sidekick/Kisskat, non CE, wob ok when horizontal. WOB is getting worser when not horizontal rigged.
    JJ, dives same as Inspiration. But no tempstik.

rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Nice write Up Germie...I Will stick with my rEvo then

Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by taimen  View Original Post
    How did you end up choosing JJ, and did you consider X-CCR, SF-2 or others as serious alternatives to JJ?
    I've spoken to many people and heard many opinions. CE is a must for me. My short list is Megalodon, Divesoft Liberty and JJ. This list is based up on "hearing from" not "diving with". So who knows what will change in the future...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast