+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with Predator secondary (ISCAN) after firmware upgrade

RBW Member AlexB is an unknown quantity at this point AlexB's Avatar
    APECS 2.7a, Pathfinder, Meg15

Problem with Predator secondary (ISCAN) after firmware upgrade

Hi,

just upgraded my Predator secondary and after the upgrade it seems like it wants to be a primary (you can adjust SP etc.) but is not communicating with the Pathfinder (no mV readings and no int. battery V readings).

Anyone got this issue and has a solution?

Thanks

P.S. Already wrote to Shearwater but wondering if this already happened to someone

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Problem with Predator secondary (ISCAN) after firmware upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB  View Original Post
    Hi,

just upgraded my Predator secondary and after the upgrade it seems like it wants to be a primary (you can adjust SP etc.) but is not communicating with the Pathfinder (no mV readings and no int. battery V readings).

Anyone got this issue and has a solution?

Thanks

P.S. Already wrote to Shearwater but wondering if this already happened to someone
    I thought the solenoid could only be operated from the primary circuit. How can the secondary control the setpoint? Confused.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    I thought the solenoid could only be operated from the primary circuit. How can the secondary control the setpoint? Confused.
    I didn't say it is operating just sayin that it has the software from a primary after upgrade... Shearwater replied and they will reset it to secondary via a unlock code. Will keep you posted.

RBW Member Bazzer is an unknown quantity at this point Bazzer's Avatar
    ISC Pathfinder

Atlantis/Dolphin

It is my understanding that the Predator that is native to the first generation of Pathfinders operates along a protocol that is specific to the ISC requirements for ISCAN 2.7. Thus it does not communicate with the original analog monochrome controller if you attempt to update the firmware. I made the same attempt to upgrade my Predator firmware as you did and experienced the same communication failure. I contacted the gurus at Shearwater and within an hour they sent me an email that included a patch that I loaded into the Shearwater Desktop application, and used it to restore the Predator to its’ original state. The process was simple, took just a few minutes, and since then the Predator has operated flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer  View Original Post
    It is my understanding that the Predator that is native to the first generation of Pathfinders operates along a protocol that is specific to the ISC requirements for ISCAN 2.7. Thus it does not communicate with the original analog monochrome controller if you attempt to update the firmware. I made the same attempt to upgrade my Predator firmware as you did and experienced the same communication failure. I contacted the gurus at Shearwater and within an hour they sent me an email that included a patch that I loaded into the Shearwater Desktop application, and used it to restore the Predator to its’ original state. The process was simple, took just a few minutes, and since then the Predator has operated flawlessly.
    Makes sense, thanks for this reassuring message and can't wait till Monday to get my Predator fixed.

SHORT UPDATE:

problem solved by Shearwater, just as Bazzer described.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB  View Original Post
    Makes sense, thanks for this reassuring message and can't wait till Monday to get my Predator fixed.

+ Reply to Thread