+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is ISC imploding?

RBW Member Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060's Avatar
    Pathfinder

Is ISC imploding?

I noticed that Meg parts are no longer available through Dive Gear Express and Add-Helium has fewer and fewer available. There is a rumor that the Pathfinder will go out of production and I wonder how long it will be before parts/repairs become unobtainable.

I also heard that the US navy purchased a bunch of X-CCR's. So I'm wondering if ISC is imploding. I find this really sad as they had a few good features and there have been lots of units sold. With some refinements, the Meg/Pathfinder could once again be very popular. Has anybody heard if ISC is having financial issues? Have people stopped buying their units or started refusing to deal with them due to their business practices? I'd love to know the scoop on what is up with them, especially, as I contemplate switching to another brand for my next rebreather...

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: Is ISC imploding?

Interesting, who told you the U.S. Navy bought a bunch of XCCRs?

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States
    Meg

Homebuilt

pathfinder was already out of production I thought?

that said, it took almost a month for me to get a hold of someone to actually ship me new loop hoses. Their parts guy left, and no one followed up. I called Jerry Whatley who is apparently back now and he got me sorted in a couple days, but it was like pulling teeth to get there.

I'd be surprised if the US military would move a contract to a unit that isn't produced in the US. I have no doubt they bought a couple, but I do a lot of work with military procurement and getting around Berry Compliance when there is a US production option available is extremely difficult, almost as difficult as getting a new unit qualified...

I doubt they're going anywhere though

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Have you heard of the Viper? I wouldn't put any stock in someone telling the U.S. Navy is converting to the XCCR. "If" they did buy a few, my gold would be on the bet they are in FL being tested at NEDU, and that doesn't mean squat. I know of at least 10 different models that have gone through testing only to occupy a shelf or box in some warehouse after. Some of what is learned during these test gets "applied" to current units if you get my drift. Trust me, the Navy is very happy with the 16.

As far as ISC I can't comment, have no clue about that.
    Last edited by whynot?; 20th March 2018 at 16:25.

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

I tried to order a spare can, after a couple trys I stopped emailing/calling. wound up finding one second hand...

eventually will need to transition to an e-store front for spares where you can order online... that would make it alot easier for folks :)

RBW Member njdiverjoe is an unknown quantity at this point njdiverjoe's Avatar

I've had a little trouble getting them to respond as well. I talked with them about a month ago, I guess they are really busy and have several weeks of service to catch up on.

I've had great luck getting parts through one of their dealers: https://shop.liquidproductions.com/c...ystems-meg-ccr

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg + sidewinder

Jerry retired around the end of last year.

There is no way the US Navy purchased X-CCRs (for about a million reasons).

Meg

Homebuilt

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    Jerry retired around the end of last year.

There is no way the US Navy purchased X-CCRs (for about a million reasons).
    that's what I thought, but he was the one who answered the phone and took care of getting hoses...

@joe, unfortunately becky didn't have loop hoses otherwise I would have ordered from her.

RBW Member jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h's Avatar

I ordered some parts from ISC back in January and James took good care of me. Delivery was w/i a week. Might help that I was already in their system?

Meg

Homebuilt

Quote Originally Posted by jeff h  View Original Post
    I ordered some parts from ISC back in January and James took good care of me. Delivery was w/i a week. Might help that I was already in their system?
    James is the one that left in mid-February

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast