+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CO2 Sensor bleeps on a 2020 head

RBW Member Simon-inspo is an unknown quantity at this point Simon-inspo's Avatar
    Inspo

CO2 Sensor bleeps on a 2020 head

Hi, last year I installed a CO2 sensor into the head of my 2020 inspo. It works really well and certainly adds a nice reassurance factor on dives.

But, I noticed after doing a pre-dive test on the unit it will sometimes bleep away after the CO2 sensor has been calibrated and other times will be completely silent! There seems to be no pattern to if it bleeps or not!

I've contacted AP, but all they said (after asking for a set of logs) was the sensor was working ok....

Any thought?

Cheers

Simon

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Re: CO2 Sensor bleeps on a 2020 head

Did you get a warning with the beeps? Properly lubing the scrubber oring?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RBW Member Simon-inspo is an unknown quantity at this point Simon-inspo's Avatar
    Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by moose_grunt  View Original Post
    Did you get a warning with the beeps? Properly lubing the scrubber oring?

This was during the pre-dive stage, not during the actual dive.

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Advice depends on your setup.

Mono or 2020?
    Do you have the latest firmware?
    When did you change the cap?
    Which rev. of sensor do you have?

Matt.

RBW Member Kendo38 is an unknown quantity at this point Kendo38's Avatar
    Inspiration XPD

Quote Originally Posted by Simon-inspo  View Original Post
    But, I noticed after doing a pre-dive test on the unit it will sometimes bleep away after the CO2 sensor has been calibrated and other times will be completely silent! There seems to be no pattern to if it bleeps or not!

Any thought?
    Cheers
    Simon
    Mine does same. Not strictly the CO2 sensor beeping, just at that point in the sequence it sometimes seems to decide to randomly "test" the audible alarm until the sequence is finished. Was a bit surprised the first time it did it, but have used it plenty times and it just seems to be a little quirk. Doesn't seem to affect the operation in any way, shape or form.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Ugh! Back and forth on my decision to purchase this.

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by TopLeft  View Original Post
    Ugh! Back and forth on my decision to purchase this.
    Yep I'm back and forth too. Also still on borderline with changing the battery unit.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

I was too. Read enough positive things about it that I figured at best, it might save my life. At worst, it would be finicky and make me that much more careful in my preparations, if only because beeping annoys me.

Either way, it benefits me.

Jim

Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by Kendo38  View Original Post
    Mine does same. Not strictly the CO2 sensor beeping, just at that point in the sequence it sometimes seems to decide to randomly "test" the audible alarm until the sequence is finished. Was a bit surprised the first time it did it, but have used it plenty times and it just seems to be a little quirk. Doesn't seem to affect the operation in any way, shape or form.
    Thanks for the feedback - glad to hear it's not just mine doing it!! Would have preferred if AP had been able to give me a good answer, I suspect it's something in the software, which, chances are they didn't write...

Having said that, I really like the CO2 sensor and value the piece of mind it gives me.

+ Reply to Thread