+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2L Carbon Fiber Tank

RBW Member killey is an unknown quantity at this point killey's Avatar
    rEvo III

Evolution / Inspiration

2L Carbon Fiber Tank

A couple years ago I purchased a pair of 2L carbon fiber tanks (white wrapping with the M18 valve). The tanks have been great on my rEvo and work well for traveling. Unfortunately one of the tanks was damaged and is no longer useable. I'd like to purchase another matching 2L carbon fiber tank so that I have a matching set again. Anyone out there looking to sell a 2L carbon fiber tank (same size as the white wrapped 2l using a m18 valve)

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: 2L Carbon Fiber Tank

I think they are on the revo price list if you like new ones

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by killey  View Original Post
    A couple years ago I purchased a pair of 2L carbon fiber tanks (white wrapping with the M18 valve). The tanks have been great on my rEvo and work well for traveling. Unfortunately one of the tanks was damaged and is no longer useable. I'd like to purchase another matching 2L carbon fiber tank so that I have a matching set again. Anyone out there looking to sell a 2L carbon fiber tank (same size as the white wrapped 2l using a m18 valve)

You can check with Add Helium.

RBW Member mark_426 is an unknown quantity at this point mark_426's Avatar
    rEvo

Theres two different sizes of the 2L, a tall skinny one, similar to a faber 3L, and a short fat one, more like a steel HP 2L.

I'm guessing yours might be the eurodivingzone ones:
    http://eurodivingzone.com/carbon_fib...anks-list.aspx

I have 5 sets for two divers but don't want to sell any. Theyre awesome!

rEvo III

Evolution / Inspiration

Just wanted to update the thread... So I tried contacting Add Helium through the website. I got the automated response that someone would contact me soon etc... Ultimately there was no contact from them made (disappointing).

Frustrated, I began searching all over and finally came across a listing on eBay (of all places) and found a company selling the carbon fiber tanks direct from the manufacture (they are all made at the same facility in China even the ones labeled Eurodiving Zone, etc...). Cost with shipping to the US was $190.00/tank without valves as I was replacing a bad tank I had the valve. If anyone needs it the eBay Seller I used is: acecaretech2010 I am not making any endorsements or advertising, simply providing information.

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Did you receive it yet or just placed the order? Not that I am about to get a set, but just filling the grey matter with info if I ever decide that is the route to take.

RBW Member mark_426 is an unknown quantity at this point mark_426's Avatar
    rEvo

I bought a set through ebay acecaretech2010. Like I said, they might not match the EuroDivingZone ones - the sets of eurodivezone ones I have are tall and skinny, and AceCare ones were not the same shape.

Having said that, I've used them for about a year in saltwater and they seem to be holding up fine.

rEvo III

Evolution / Inspiration

Yes I received my carbon fiber 2L tank, They also come in a 3L variety (just a tad beefier then the 2L size). Shipping international UPS took about 7 days (it was over Easter weekend so maybe it'd be quicker normally). I had no problems with my transaction.

Remember the hardest part of Carbon Fiber tanks is the M18X1.5 thread pitch for the valve. It can sometimes be difficult to source in-line style valves in that configuration and its the valves that seem to drive the insane cost of the tanks. I was fortunate to have some from a different set up.

rEvo III

Evolution / Inspiration

Acecaretech was able to get me the correct/matching size for the original eurodiving zone skinny 2L tank. I specified the model number and specs. I believe they are all made at the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by mark_426  View Original Post
    I bought a set through ebay acecaretech2010. Like I said, they might not match the EuroDivingZone ones - the sets of eurodivezone ones I have are tall and skinny, and AceCare ones were not the same shape.

Having said that, I've used them for about a year in saltwater and they seem to be holding up fine.

+ Reply to Thread