+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Masochistic much?!

RBW Member deepdivemalta is an unknown quantity at this point deepdivemalta's Avatar
    XCCR

Masochistic much?!

Enjoying the studying and looking forward to learning more. There is a lot of talk about death and maybe that's a good thing! This is no place for a cowboy attitude.
    I am looking forward to the new way of thinking.
    I'll be diving the XCCR - any insights into XCCR would be great to hear.

RBW Member michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch's Avatar
    XCCR, SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Re: Masochistic much?!

It's a great RB and I like it a lot. So far it's the best RB that I own.
    What I don't like is that it has a huge internal air space, meaning that when I ascend from 10M to the surface I have to breath out through my nose for around a minute to dump all the gas in the tube. I'm guessing that there is around 12L of gas in the tube, in addition to whatever is in the counterlungs, and after diving OC for over 25 years, I breath less than 12 LPM while working moderatly. So far I haven't found an easy solution for this problem.

Michael

RBW Member deepdivemalta is an unknown quantity at this point deepdivemalta's Avatar
    XCCR

Post Re: Masochistic much?!

Thanks! Good to know.
    Incidentally how many rebreathers do you own? They are not cheap toys!

RBW Member michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch will become famous soon enough michael-fisch's Avatar
    XCCR, SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

SF2
    XCCR
    FLEX as a completely manual self-contained BOB.
    and my old IDA 76

Michael

RBW Member EML is an unknown quantity at this point EML's Avatar

Hi Michael,
    Sorry to jump in a different thread but, since you own both SF2 and XCCR, could you share your opinion about these two models compared?

Thanks,
    Eugenio

XCCR, SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by EML  View Original Post
    Hi Michael,
    Sorry to jump in a different thread but, since you own both SF2 and XCCR, could you share your opinion about these two models compared?

Thanks,
    Eugenio
    I'm still gaining experience with my XCCR, but love almost everything about it. As soon as I gain the same level of confidence diving it as I have with my SF2, I'll end up selling the SF2 since I feel that it is just a modification of the DC-55/RB2000/RB80 system that has an unacceptable WOB in all positions where your butt is not 6" (15cm) below your shoulders. Other RBs breath better.

Michael

XCCR

Thanks Micheal. Appreciate the insight.
    XCCR seems to be a combined best parts of all the others out there so far, so here's hoping. The point about 10m - surface to clear the loop sounds challenging. I dont breathe very large volumes and am pretty small so may need to think about that when I am mroe familiar with the unit.
    From a total novice pov, wouldn't having smaller counterlungs and hoses be a possible measure to reduce the overall volume?

+ Reply to Thread