+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do-over on all courses??

RBW Member 306dive306 is an unknown quantity at this point 306dive306's Avatar

Do-over on all courses??

Greetings, everyone.

First and foremost, thank you for letting me in even though I am not an RB diver yet. I'm giving myself 2 years to really think about it before I decide to go down this road or not.

More specifically, I would like to ask:

1) If a diver gets OC full cave training and later gets RB air dil diver ... is this diver REQUIRED to take a "Rebreather Full Cave" course to be able to dive in caves with an RB???

2) If a diver is RB Adv Tmx and wants to dive OC Tmx, can they just do it or do they need an OC Tmx certification?

I thank you in advance for your answers.

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States
    Meg

Homebuilt

Re: Do-over on all courses??

1. if you want to dive in Ginnie, then yes. Europe probably has some other ones, but in the US and to my knowledge Mexico, I'm not aware of any others. There is a cave crossover course though. If you take your Mod1 course with a cave instructor, they may be flexible with cost of a cave crossover once you hit the hours needed

2. some dive operators may require it, but again your CCR instructor should allow you crossover your trimix cert to the rebreather once you hit the required hours. It's not required by all operators though, so make sure to check before you book

RBW Member germie is an unknown quantity at this point germie's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision/Sidekick

For ccr cave, yes. But there is a crossover option (not all instructors do it, just ask). That there is a ccr cave card has a reason. CCR is different from oc. Yes, the lines, cookies, arrows etc are same, but it has to do with planning, bailoutplanning, etc. To crossover:You have to do some ccr skills and show you know the normal line protocols.
    CCR cave is required in Ginnie, but in German mines too. In French caves you can dive without any cert as access is free.

From oc tx to ccr tx you can skip most times the normoxic tx. But not all instructors want it. If you really have to do a bailout from 330 ft, that is hard and you have to control everything. A lot of ccr divers have problems with bouyancy, even after 50 or 100 hours. But to go from ccr to oc, I don't see a lot of divers doing that.
    Last edited by germie; 15th February 2018 at 06:46.

RBW Member 306dive306 is an unknown quantity at this point 306dive306's Avatar

THANK YOU for your responses!! I highly appreciate them!

+ Reply to Thread