+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Denied ccr certification

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: Denied ccr certification

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    If you do not hold a diver certification for the unit, how where you able to take possession of it?
    You donít need a drivers license to buy a car do you ? No laws against buying a ccr

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg + sidewinder

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    You donít need a drivers license to buy a car do you ? No laws against buying a ccr
    Except most manufacturers won't ship a new unit to an uncertified diver.

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    Except most manufacturers won't ship a new unit to an uncertified diver.
    Well, they will if you are going to do a course on it, or at least ship it to your instructor...

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by jlovold  View Original Post
    Well, they will if you are going to do a course on it, or at least ship it to your instructor...
    Yes, ship it to the instructor who than carries the responsibility/liability UNTIL the diver is certified.
    It's not a matter of law, EngelenD, but an issue of liability, at least in the US. Europe might be different.
    Last edited by dreamdive; 10th February 2018 at 17:10. Reason: clarification

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

I would take this as a personal and professional failure if my student came to this point. I am about 1 step above forrest gump but have never had an instructor from oc to ccr make sure my full understanding ,skills or techniques for that particular course were less than perfect to confidently certify me . Trust me most agencies would cast an eye on this situation.good luck and keep us updated!
    Last edited by markdol2; 12th February 2018 at 02:19.

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

there are some really blatant standards /liability here I would never teach on 1 unit then issue a cert on another second your questions tell me you don't understand the unit , I blame your instructor , also dream dive hit the nail on the head how did you get a working unit from an instructor you dive the unit and die your wife has a hell of good case .,, SO DONT DIVE IT ! at least till you do another course ......even though you don't say the instructor I believe I know who it is , he has had problems in the past ....for gods sake people interview your instructor before you sign up ......!!!!!

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Quote Originally Posted by udtabn  View Original Post
    there are some really blatant standards /liability here I would never teach on 1 unit then issue a cert on another second your questions tell me you don't understand the unit , I blame your instructor , also dream dive hit the nail on the head how did you get a working unit from an instructor you dive the unit and die your wife has a hell of good case .,, SO DONT DIVE IT ! at least till you do another course ......even though you don't say the instructor I believe I know who it is , he has had problems in the past ....for gods sake people interview your instructor before you sign up ......!!!!!
    Oh so spot on ! ..... regards Baz

RBW Member sonarmike is an unknown quantity at this point sonarmike's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Watching this thread also.. but was wondering.. you can buy all the open water equipment an walk out the door with it.. (no training) I understand some shops wont fill with out seeing a card.. but some do..

An the biggest thing I saw was a while back you could buy a Hollis Rebreather from Amazon an have it shipped to your house.. (wow) really thought that was crazy.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sonarmike  View Original Post
    Watching this thread also.. but was wondering.. you can buy all the open water equipment an walk out the door with it.. (no training) I understand some shops wont fill with out seeing a card.. but some do..

An the biggest thing I saw was a while back you could buy a Hollis Rebreather from Amazon an have it shipped to your house.. (wow) really thought that was crazy.
    Why is that strange ??? You can by a car, a 40 tons truck,....you can buy a airplane or a boat without a license and all this stuff can hurt a lot off others. You can even have kids without a license so why wouldnít it be possible to buy divegear ??

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

That is so very weird!

I can't think of a single person in Hawaii that routinely screws divers out of both safe levels of training and in any dealings over rebreather purchases.

There is literally no record of that ever happening online ever before in the history of rebreathers.

Seriously, though, to the OP... so sorry you got fleeced. Totally sucks and hope it works out well for you. I'd strongly recommend you get retrained on your unit and I wish you many, many hours of happy, safe diving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast