+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Denied ccr certification

NEW ECCR DIVER Craig Haymaker is an unknown quantity at this point Craig Haymaker's Avatar
    TEC SE7EN

none

Denied ccr certification

I need to be careful here, as this may escalate to the next obvious step.
    So in Nov. 2017, my bride & I flew to the Hawaiian islands for the primary purpose of me getting IANTD Advanced Nitrox and CCR Diver certified. Let’s just call my instructor Richard to protect the guilty ! Need a last name, well ok let’s pick Cranium =
    Richard Cranium, I like that name and really, it fits well !
    On Nov. 17, 2017 I had successfully completed these courses, and my instructor Richard told me that I had “earned my certifications” ! That same day we completed the required certification request forms, signed all copies, we squared up on bal. owed, they were tipped fairly, we shook hands like sincere adult men and did the “man hug” thing, all was good!
    So the following is for your reading enjoyment, and is the God’s honest truth too !
    But let me admit here in front of my fellow divers that stupid me, commited TWO GRAVE MISTAKES THAT COST ME DEARLY!
    GRAVE MISTAKE # 1 : I had called Poseidon USA and asked “how many electric solenoid valves are inside the Se7en’s E-module? Apparently the words “how many” is what triggered the following chain of events?
    GRAVE MISTAKE # 2 : A new TEC Se7en is not inexpensive. I apparently didn’t do my homework enough, LOL !
    So I twice said yes then no, writing checks both times then canceling. The $ was coming out of our savings and we are retired. But I did finally commit and my instructor ordered my new TEC Se7en.
    From this moment forward, my instructor (bless his empty heart), broke all ties. He would not return phone calls, texts or emails ! Thankfully the other business partner is a honest and sincere person, so he had to play message runner, between me and Richard. My continued question was “ where are my certifications”?
    Finally through my message runner, I was informed that my certification status had changed ? Yes ladies and gentlemen, I was informed that My instructor Richard Cranium had “down graded” my IANTD Adv. Nitrox & CCR Diver certs. to “ NO CERTIFICATIONS “!!
    I’m told that due to my GRAVE MISTAKES # 1 & 2 (see above), my instructor has said that “ I went SQUIRRELLY on him and that I’m now all of a sudden not ready to be certified!
    Well not a real big deal, we only have two RT airfares, three weeks condo rent (glad we had 3- weeks there, the rental MK6s were poorly maintained and we had a few issues), food, courses costs, tips oh and a $13K ECCR, no biggie really ? So look 👀 out for a squirrelly non-certified Se7en diver folks! I did however get my Se7en, one sweeet machine !
    I’ve contacted IANTD over this matter. My one possible saving grace here, is that the other part owner that I mentioned above, is a honest person, was present or involved most of the time, he witnessed the paperwork and is a IANTD OW instructor ! So call him IANTD, please.
    Fellow CCR Divers, please let your advice flow.
    Craig Haymaker PADI. MSDT - 13725

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Denied ccr certification

I'm going to watch this thread to see where it goes. Keep it civil folks.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Don’t you have a copy off the paperwork’s where he agreed you where certified ?

Greetings
    David

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Chris Ferrar hyrax is an unknown quantity at this point hyrax's Avatar
    Evolution

There are a couple things to remember here, first is, if there is not a full understanding of how the unit is working is it really safe to be diving it?

Second does not knowing how many solenoids it has mean you don't know how it works? I would say that would concern me. I did have to go look in the manual, but I'm not a se7en diver. Based on the manual I think the answer is 4. 3 more then required if you ask me.

Third, Are you owed a cert? I would say no you aren't owed one, this is not PADI open water, it is a tec course by IANTD. (And yup I know the PADI standards, do the skills, pass the test and pay the money) I'm also a TDI instructor and there is more instructor discretion in issuing a cert. I'm sure IANTD is the same way.

Forth and probably most important, why did you ever have any doubt about the number of solenoids? If I were instructor dick head, I would be most concerned that I failed you as your instructor? How could I let you leave my course without a full understanding of how the system you were getting ready to spend a huge amount of money on actually works!?!

In this modern age of technology, if you were my student, I would have immodestly gotten on Skype with you and done some additional training on the electronics, but hey, that's me.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by hyrax  View Original Post
    There are a couple things to remember here, first is, if there is not a full understanding of how the unit is working is it really safe to be diving it?

Second does not knowing how many solenoids it has mean you don't know how it works? I would say that would concern me. I did have to go look in the manual, but I'm not a se7en diver. Based on the manual I think the answer is 4. 3 more then required if you ask me.

Third, Are you owed a cert? I would say no you aren't owed one, this is not PADI open water, it is a tec course by IANTD. (And yup I know the PADI standards, do the skills, pass the test and pay the money) I'm also a TDI instructor and there is more instructor discretion in issuing a cert. I'm sure IANTD is the same way.

Forth and probably most important, why did you ever have any doubt about the number of solenoids? If I were instructor dick head, I would be most concerned that I failed you as your instructor? How could I let you leave my course without a full understanding of how the system you were getting ready to spend a huge amount of money on actually works!?!

In this modern age of technology, if you were my student, I would have immodestly gotten on Skype with you and done some additional training on the electronics, but hey, that's me.

Third, Are you owed a cert? I would say no lol

of course you would ,

op enjoy diving your new unit . just have to print your own badge and sew it in to your speedo,s

New Member Heliox is an unknown quantity at this point Heliox's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Prism Topaz, Inspo, P2

Perhaps the state of Hawaii has a large number of ccr "instructors" that don't know their $hit. The knife cuts both ways...

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

One simple question - you did a MKVI course so why are you buying a 7 ???

I would have thought that if your buying a 7 then you would do 7 course - would you not. Now not having done a 7 course then you could be excused not knowing all about the 7.

Taught on MKVI then certified on a MKVI in my book. That way you should have your MKVI cert and then do a quick upgrade to the 7.

Just my view ... Baz

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lar.....

Unhappy Re: Denied ccr certification

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Haymaker  View Original Post
    I need to be careful here, as this may escalate to the next obvious step.
    So in Nov. 2017, my bride & I flew to the Hawaiian islands for the primary purpose of me getting IANTD Advanced Nitrox and CCR Diver certified. Let’s just call my instructor Richard to protect the guilty ! Need a last name, well ok let’s pick Cranium =
    Richard Cranium, I like that name and really, it fits well !
    On Nov. 17, 2017 I had successfully completed these courses, and my instructor Richard told me that I had “earned my certifications” ! That same day we completed the required certification request forms, signed all copies, we squared up on bal. owed, they were tipped fairly, we shook hands like sincere adult men and did the “man hug” thing, all was good!
    So the following is for your reading enjoyment, and is the God’s honest truth too !
    But let me admit here in front of my fellow divers that stupid me, commited TWO GRAVE MISTAKES THAT COST ME DEARLY!
    GRAVE MISTAKE # 1 : I had called Poseidon USA and asked “how many electric solenoid valves are inside the Se7en’s E-module? Apparently the words “how many” is what triggered the following chain of events?
    GRAVE MISTAKE # 2 : A new TEC Se7en is not inexpensive. I apparently didn’t do my homework enough, LOL !
    So I twice said yes then no, writing checks both times then canceling. The $ was coming out of our savings and we are retired. But I did finally commit and my instructor ordered my new TEC Se7en.
    From this moment forward, my instructor (bless his empty heart), broke all ties. He would not return phone calls, texts or emails ! Thankfully the other business partner is a honest and sincere person, so he had to play message runner, between me and Richard. My continued question was “ where are my certifications”?
    Finally through my message runner, I was informed that my certification status had changed ? Yes ladies and gentlemen, I was informed that My instructor Richard Cranium had “down graded” my IANTD Adv. Nitrox & CCR Diver certs. to “ NO CERTIFICATIONS “!!
    I’m told that due to my GRAVE MISTAKES # 1 & 2 (see above), my instructor has said that “ I went SQUIRRELLY on him and that I’m now all of a sudden not ready to be certified!
    Well not a real big deal, we only have two RT airfares, three weeks condo rent (glad we had 3- weeks there, the rental MK6s were poorly maintained and we had a few issues), food, courses costs, tips oh and a $13K ECCR, no biggie really ? So look 👀 out for a squirrelly non-certified Se7en diver folks! I did however get my Se7en, one sweeet machine !
    I’ve contacted IANTD over this matter. My one possible saving grace here, is that the other part owner that I mentioned above, is a honest person, was present or involved most of the time, he witnessed the paperwork and is a IANTD OW instructor ! So call him IANTD, please.
    Fellow CCR Divers, please let your advice flow.
    Craig Haymaker PADI. MSDT - 13725
    no? again an escroc?
    Last edited by Franck13; 9th February 2018 at 12:01.

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States
    Meg

Homebuilt

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    One simple question - you did a MKVI course so why are you buying a 7 ???

I would have thought that if your buying a 7 then you would do 7 course - would you not. Now not having done a 7 course then you could be excused not knowing all about the 7.

Taught on MKVI then certified on a MKVI in my book. That way you should have your MKVI cert and then do a quick upgrade to the 7.

Just my view ... Baz
    seeing your profile, do you need to do a crossover to go from an analog revo to a divecan revo or JJ? obviously not. The Se7en is an upgraded VI but still the same basic unit so all principal apply. Now I am curious why said instructor didn't go over all of the solenoids in the head and why you'd have to verify, but may have been that he knew what was in the VI and wanted to validate on the Se7en.

Either way I don't think that bit was relevant as the difference between the VI and Se7en is no different than going from an analog unit to a DiveCAN unit.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

If you do not hold a diver certification for the unit, how where you able to take possession of it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast