Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Denied ccr certification

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: Denied ccr certification

Quote Originally Posted by oya  View Original Post
    That is so very weird!

I can't think of a single person in Hawaii that routinely screws divers out of both safe levels of training and in any dealings over rebreather purchases.

There is literally no record of that ever happening online ever before in the history of rebreathers.

Seriously, though, to the OP... so sorry you got fleeced. Totally sucks and hope it works out well for you. I'd strongly recommend you get retrained on your unit and I wish you many, many hours of happy, safe diving.

For clarification, I assume you meant to be sarcastic! LOL

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Probably due a cert.

But on the machine trained on, not what was bought.

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

"you can buy all the open water equipment an walk out the door with it.. (no training) I understand some shops wont fill with out seeing a card.. but some do.. "

Ahh the it's the gun show loophole. Actually you can buy 2nd hand Rebreathers all day on Ebay or wherever and the most that they will do is "ask" you if you are certified on the unit. Home-builders regularly dive stuff that nobody offers a certification for. I got certified on a KISS because I was converting my Azuimuth to a MCCR (bad idea) then thought it over and bought a KISS Classic (used-nobody asked for my c-card).

RBW Member germie is an unknown quantity at this point germie's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision/Sidekick

First, normally adv. nitrox is an OC cert. Or did you follow a sportsdiver CCR course and then started adv. nitrox? If you have done adv. nitrox as oc course, there is no reason to understand a ccr. And there is no reason not to sign off this cert if your story is true.
    Then secondly, your instructor has to discuss with you after every dive that you have done some skills and how good/bad it was. For theory there is an exam. And you have to sign it. Is this done?
    And is discussed after every dive in the debriefing how the bouyancy, skills, smb deployment, awarenness, etc was? That are points in a checklist for your instructor and normally you know what he fills in.
    Normally the instructor signs off 1 cert first, then you do the second course and he signs of the second.

I cannot imagine that an instructor 'revokes' 2 certs because of only 1 'strange/wrong' question. If I have a question about my rebreather and I call Ambient Pressure, I get an answer. They react that there are not stupid questions.

If you showed dangerous diving, then the instructor can refuse to sign off a cert. The course is paid, cert must be earned. But normally you cannot start the next course before the first is ready. So then you had at least one cert.
    Last edited by germie; 5th March 2018 at 07:12.

NEW ECCR DIVER Craig Haymaker is an unknown quantity at this point Craig Haymaker's Avatar
    TEC SE7EN

none

First off, I apologize to everyone here, for my absence since writing my OP. I have been so darn busy taking care of matters related to my 90 year old Mom, bless her heart.
    - First and foremost, please let me make clear, I truly understand the concept that, " certification is earned, not purchased"! If this instructor had told me in my finial portion of my combined Adv. Nitrox and CCR Diver courses, that he felt I "had not met all requirements", then fine and well. We would have made arrangements to continue education in my lacking areas of understanding.
    - My beef is that "I was told that I had successfully passed", spent the $ for my ECCR, THEN told "second thought, you are not certified" ???
    - Yes this very same instructor has screwed others as well !
    - obviously I was being somewhat sarcastic when mentioning the two reasons that cost me my certifications. But I was being honest too. During my training, I had asked my instr., "how many solenoid valves there were", and he said two. That didn't coincide with the OM, hence I asked the manuf.
    - I have been working with IANTD on this matter, and they themselves admit that this instructor has pulled this stunt more than once or twice ! So where does the real blame lie then ?
    - Earning CCR certification on the P-6 DOES qualify you to purchase and dive the Se7en.
    - Another issue is that this instructor is not even communicating with IANTD either !!
    - IANTD tells me, that by certified mail, this instructor is being told to either produces the completed and signed certification paperwork, or they will pull his teaching license !
    I can only hope that their word is better than Richard's !
    So I will keep you posted folks, Oh and thank you for your responses.
    Craig H. PADI MSDT - 13725
    Last edited by Craig Haymaker; 5th March 2018 at 15:57.

NEW ECCR DIVER Craig Haymaker is an unknown quantity at this point Craig Haymaker's Avatar
    TEC SE7EN

none

Let me try to straighten up the obvious misunderstanding of the courses that I had signed up for, studied for, tested for, trained for and was told that I had earned.
    It is through IANTD’s Technical side of training. A prerequisite for their beginner Technical Closed Circuit Rebreather Diver course, is to have the Advanced Nitrox certification (this is not the Rec CCR course). These two courses which I took, are allowed to be done in unison, if need be. Nothing more complicated than that period.
    So better news arrived just later today. IANTD’s certified letter to my ex-instructor apparently made him see the f——-g light ! He is sending in the paperwork. It sounds like he IS sticking with his after the fact decision that now I need some area of additional instruction, fine and so be it, at least not all was lost ! I will gladly finish my requirements with a different instructor.
    Last edited by Craig Haymaker; 6th March 2018 at 01:57.

RBW Member germie is an unknown quantity at this point germie's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision/Sidekick

Glad it is solved. And yes you are true about the courses you did (and as English is not my native language I wrote it maybe a little bit strange, I read it if you had done 2 seperate courses).
    Have fun diving ccr and remember: there are no stupid questions. Try to find an instructor that fits your needs (and remember even the best instructor can be a bad one for you if the personality does not fit). There is no reason to talk bad about your (ex)instructor. Just try to find one that fits you better. Be open for the things you can improve, every diver can improve. That is no failing.
    So go diving your se7en and endjoy the silent world. And don't forget to practise some skills sometimes. There comes a moment you'll need them.
    Even after some months you can have a moment that you think: I never realised this.
    Last edited by germie; 6th March 2018 at 06:02.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Also ccr , like cave diving, to me is not about the certification. A certification is just to allow you to start the learning/experience journey. Thatís the reason I choose a revo when I started , not because I thought it was the best ccr ( wich off cours it is because itís mine ) but because I had a few revo divers around me and this way I would have a ďmentorĒ
    I did the same with my cave course, didnít look for a week instruction but found an instructor that takes me with him on his dives and he wil be my mentor, no limit on the dives , just gaining experience and practice skills, he will tell me when I earned my certification and if it works in cold dark Belgian water then it should be easier in warm waters with clear viz.

Have fun with your ccr !!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3