+ Reply to Thread

Thread: optima and salt water

www.rebreather.com.br zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave's Avatar
    O2ptima / Liberty / Dolphin

optima and salt water

Hi guys,

so, we are going on our first optima salt water dive down here and I have been reading some stuff about salt x, silicon in pressure hole, etc.

Could someone explain better what is the procedure and what type of silicone (thick paste or water like?) to fill the pressure hole?

What other stuff can we do to help with handset logevity?

thanks!!

Zé.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Re: optima and salt water

Quote Originally Posted by zmcave
    Hi guys,

so, we are going on our first optima salt water dive down here and I have been reading some stuff about salt x, silicon in pressure hole, etc.

Could someone explain better what is the procedure and what type of silicone (thick paste or water like?) to fill the pressure hole?

What other stuff can we do to help with handset logevity?

thanks!!

Zé.
    Unless you are going into silty water I would personally skip the addition of silicon, and just make sure, you rinse it well after getting out of the water..

If you decide to fill it just wipe some silicon across the hole, the depth on the first dive will most likely be off, since you have air bubbles within the gel and have to get forced out.. the next time the unit wakes up (as long as the wet switch is dry), the unit will zero itself properly..

Filling it with silicon is no reason to not rinse the unit..

A few months ago, I was in truk, with the AL hh (nikel units), I made sure I rinsed fresh water across the face after each dive.. I did 11 days of 3-4 dives a day with NO problems at all.. It was NOT filled with silicon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

+ Reply to Thread