+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: weight ?

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Question weight ?

hi
    currently i dive twin 12's on a cd tdb wing & plate + 6 kilos of lead .now the i'm wondering if when i go to an evo or inspo will i need more lead once i am used to the thing .i realise that to start with i will possible need more anyway due to stress nerves etc also has anybody dived with both & is there any weighting difference between them ?
    many thanks
    colin

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by colinicky
    is there any weighting difference between them ?
    Haven't tried them but there should be.
    Most of the loop, and hence positive bouyancy, is the same: Hoses, ADV, breathing bags. The main difference is the scrubber, and that not by all that much.
    Yet the Evo weights quite a bit less than the Inspo due to smaller tanks, case and cannister.

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar
    I dive a wetsuit but I think that the difference is what should interest you! With twin 12's and CD wing and BP, I use 4kg lead. Now with the YBOD I have 8kgs on waist and 3kgs on YBOD. SO I had to increase weight by 7kgs. But I think I can drop 1 kg.

Hope this helps

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Damn I dropped 5Kg going from Twin 12s to the Meg...

Stuart

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Damn I dropped 5Kg going from Twin 12s to the Meg...

Stuart

how heavy is a meg to start with ? what size cylinders do you use ?
    colin

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    3L Faber Steels - damn weight your abotu that 30th person to ask me I really got to weigh it! all i know is it lighter than my twin 12s and old back plate...

Stuart

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

4kg with a twinset and back plate

12kg in the unit including the back plate. This is down from the 15Kg I started with. I can get it down to 10 with no undersuit on.

The Evo I dived with 10KG no problem at all in my 2.5m neo and with the undersuit so there is about a 2kg of lead saving with the Evo.

It swims far better than the Inspo and its a hell of a lot lighter to walk about in. The scrubber on the Meg is actually bigger than the inspo and the counterlungs and loop are about the same so it must be the weight of the metal can that saves on lead. Air is Air so they should be about the same for floaty-ness in terms of the voids inside.

ATB

Mark Chase

Nah looop on Meg wayyyy smaller....when we hook up Mark you compare loop hoses to iinspy!

Stuart

Banned Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del's Avatar
    JJ, it rocks!

Sports KISS

You need to go for a classic KISS! Twin 12.2L, SS backplate, two ally stages with drysuit, needed about 4lbs of lead. ( Yes, Australia still uses imperial weights in diving... must be that no one thought to get metric molds!) With the classic bolted onto the SS backplate and the same stages, I thought I needed 6lbs on my waist and 4 on my shoulders; until I forgot to put all that weight on.

Now I use nothing. (This banana is so cool)

Custom Title Allowed! buggeriamold is an unknown quantity at this point buggeriamold's Avatar
    Clasic kiss, less weight for me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast