+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

  1. #61
    Closed Account asender is an unknown quantity at this point asender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11
    Revo micro

    Re: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

    This is Lukes attempt to make himself not look like a drunk.

    I don't have much to say about this... but nice try.

    The guy will get drunk in Toorak and drive home... on the way home he may call you and abuse you.

    I have no respect for this person.

    It was my third dive.

  2. #62
    RBW Member Dive Africa is an unknown quantity at this point Dive Africa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    175
    Meg Classic & Meg 15

    Re: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by asender  View Original Post
    This is Lukes attempt to make himself not look like a drunk.

    I don't have much to say about this... but nice try.

    The guy will get drunk in Toorak and drive home... on the way home he may call you and abuse you.

    I have no respect for this person.

    It was my third dive.
    Mate. Let this we a caution from an attorney: You should watch what you are saying because the above could be deemed slander/liable and even crimen injuria - I would recommend you shut-up, sell your diving gear and go buy a bicycle - which you should get on and ride into the sunset...

  3. #63
    RBW Member chef_au is an unknown quantity at this point chef_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7
    Kiss Classic Explorer

    Re: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by asender  View Original Post
    This is Lukes attempt to make himself not look like a drunk.

    I don't have much to say about this... but nice try.

    The guy will get drunk in Toorak and drive home... on the way home he may call you and abuse you.

    I have no respect for this person.

    It was my third dive.
    So you're implying that he's a drunk and he imagined the things you did (including photo evidence)?

    You are really digging that hole. Sometimes you just gotta take your licks and know which battles to fight and which ones to walk away from.

    If you are still diving in Melbourne, the Rb community is pretty small, don't burn your bridge while still standing on it.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. #64

    Re: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    I dont like diving mixed as profiles are different, as well as dive times. The bubble blowers will wind up waitign around for the rb divers, or the dive will be so short, its almost a waste of time to bring an RB.
    GDay Jeff, that is not true at all.
    We have dozens of wrecks at 45-77m and we run mixed trips.
    We do not dictate to anyone who they buddy up with (i.e. we do not tell people how to dive) however it is rare that OC and RB will buddy up in the same dive group.

    We do not let divers turn up without a buddy on any dive deeper than 40m. They must have a prearranged buddy. If they donít have one, we can put them in touch with other people booked on the boat, but it is up to them to arrange something and come up with a mutually agreeable dive plan. (We are the tinder of the Melbourne dive community. )

    No one wants to have an inept buddy. As this thread illustrates, just because you have a rebreather, doesnít mean you can dive.

    As for your waiting comments, my background is commercial aviation and operations and I have replicated a lot of the systems and operations into Redboats. We manage the boat so well that it minimises waiting on the surface. Come try us out. Youíll see;)


    And it isnít always the RBís waiting for OC.
    A great example is the OP who was diving RB and kept his OC buddies waiting on a 26 M dive lol.

    Another great example is a picture of me waiting for a JJ diver to sort his shit out. RBís wait for OC at the end of dives but OCís wait for RBís before a dive. ;)




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    146
    Inspiration vision

    Re: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by chef_au  View Original Post
    So you're implying that he's a drunk and he imagined the things you did (including photo evidence)?

    You are really digging that hole. Sometimes you just gotta take your licks and know which battles to fight and which ones to walk away from.

    If you are still diving in Melbourne, the Rb community is pretty small, don't burn your bridge while still standing on it.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

    Word....

  6. #66
    Wrecked wrecked is on a distinguished road wrecked is on a distinguished road wrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    195
    rEvoIIIStd

    KISS, rEvoIII

    Re: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

    Quote Originally Posted by luke75  View Original Post
    GDay Jeff, that is not true at all.
    We have dozens of wrecks at 45-77m and we run mixed trips.
    We do not dictate to anyone who they buddy up with (i.e. we do not tell people how to dive) however it is rare that OC and RB will buddy up in the same dive group.

    And it isnít always the RBís waiting for OC.
    A great example is the OP who was diving RB and kept his OC buddies waiting on a 26 M dive lol.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Hey Luke

    Great to see you reply here. I know Divemaster's and crew have job to do and have clear instructions to carry out.

    Noob RB divers can be difficult to deal with and require patience.

    Just hope the diver who started this post can see the error of his way's and return a more organised RB diver.

    It's so important for RB diver to spend an hour previous night on preparing the unit and then get to dock 30 mins before boat is due to do basic checks again that they were trained to do by their instructor on that Rebreather.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts