+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

RBW Member fullytek is an unknown quantity at this point fullytek's Avatar
    megabastard

Re: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

I don't see the point in trying to lift a diver onto a boat in any kit.
    Dump the gear in the water then haul the guy abord.

If you are trying to board a boat in full kit with bottles on you are asking for a hit.

We had a crew of rb80 divers running off a 6 person rib
    They showed up redy to dive with no extra shit.

If you can't pull off a deep gas dive well taking up the same foot print on the boat as an average single take driver then you are a sloppy diver and need to go back to the classroom ..

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by fullytek  View Original Post

If you are trying to board a boat in full kit with bottles on you are asking for a hit.

If you can't pull off a deep gas dive well taking up the same foot print on the boat as an average single take driver then you are a sloppy diver and need to go back to the classroom ..
    From what I read and what the boat he is disputing looked like, the OP probably had his gear all over the place and brought the scrubber bin on board the boat as well. And if it was a full boat, I would be annoyed especially paying for a boat where I'm supposed to have fun and a jerk like that guy is taking up room and wasting the other people's time as well.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by fullytek  View Original Post

http://www.therebreathersite.nl/Pres...1997bighal.jpg

LOL

That rig would not even fit between them fun fair ride seat,s on the said boat ,

de kiting divers in water yep that worked out well for rob stewart,

iv climbing 15 foot up the side of some old Grimsby fishing trawler,s riding on a 20 foot swell,out in the north sea. kitted up on a upturned bucket , so i dont need to swing my dick in your pissing contest ,

id not use said boat ,

one last note ,
    someone CCR diving off said boat with a load of single cylinders divers is not pulling off some deep dive .
    on the Carl D ,

odd that he never learned to pack / fettle unit on land and not on the day boat , maybe he just did walk in dives when under training ,
    Last edited by Gobfish1; 17th January 2018 at 21:52.

RBW Member fullytek is an unknown quantity at this point fullytek's Avatar
    megabastard

Quote Originally Posted by Gobfish1  View Original Post
    http://www.therebreathersite.nl/Pres...1997bighal.jpg

LOL

That rig would not even fit between them fun fair ride seat,s on the said boat ,

de kiting divers in water yep that worked out well for rob stewart,

iv climbing 15 foot up the side of some old Grimsby fishing trawler,s riding on a 20 foot swell,out in the north sea. kitted up on a upturned bucket , so i dont need to swing my dick in your pissing contest ,

id not use said boat ,

one last note ,
    someone CCR diving off said boat with a load of single cylinders divers is not pulling off some deep dive .
    on the Carl D ,

odd that he never learned to pack / fettle unit on land and not on the day boat , maybe he just did walk in dives when under training ,
    You were not on the boat when Rob had his accident so you have 0 creadable information about the accadent.
    The boats in question are 1/4 million dollar purpose built dive boats with qualified crews and all the necessary safety equipment.
    If you can't fit your machine on that boat then it's your problem.

Diver elevators are extremely failure prone.
    If you can only manage to safely dive off a boat with a slob lifter then I suggest you stick to internet diving.

You won't be able to dive the north east, the great lakes , keys or west coast.

There is nothing wrong with red boats stop talking shit.
    Last edited by fullytek; 18th January 2018 at 02:02.

RBW Member asender is an unknown quantity at this point asender's Avatar
    Revo micro

This is not the sort of review I wanted to write, it is thrown together at 2am and does not make much sense. I should have taken much more time to write this. I have been thinking about it for over 4 months daily.

It has affected my work / life balance a fair bit - I changed jobs. I really do feel the local rebreather community should be supporting new divers for the first 20 dives so this does not happen. It has been very difficult to get post training dives – I feel diving under a pier very limited. I drive down to the peninsula 2 or 3 times a month.

Packing a scrubber on the boat is not something anyone should ever do – even if you are running late and they say to do it on the boat at that time. It was packed it in a suitcase. It is Alkaline based - I have always wondered what long term exposure does to the temp probes (ie; if you keep your sorb in tupper container etc.).

On a previous boat dive attempt during a bubble check both the oxygen and diluent lines feeding into the MAV from the tank were loose. I did pre-dive checks twice (night before and morning) and not sure how this was missed. These were tightened on the boat and I was able to proceed with the second dive. The only way the leak could be determined with the oxygen feed is by putting the MAV block in water bucket of water. When I got home I disassembled the MAV block and found a pinched oring on the oxygen feed. I am guessing this was damaged on the boat - attempting the second dive. It could possibly be damaged from tightening while tank open under pressure.

I had a loan unit for the course and the new unit has taken some time to get right with harness adjustments (diverite).

In general it was a good experience and everyone went out of the way to assist including redboats and instructor who drove to a convenient local pool for me to initiate the course.

-Adrian
    Last edited by asender; 19th January 2018 at 07:36.

RBW Member asender is an unknown quantity at this point asender's Avatar
    Revo micro

I was planning a trip to cairns to see the reef one last time. B4 selling it.

Wanted to use the unit .. but was referred to the following by operators:

3.1.2 Diving using EANx Rebreathers
    The person conducting the business or undertaking should ensure:
    (a) EANx rebreather diving does not take place unless, present at the dive site, is either an
    EANx rebreather dive supervisor, or an EANx dive supervisor who ensures each
    rebreather diver conducts the appropriate checks on their rebreather unit. The appropriate
    checks are:
    (i) check the rebreather unit scrubber is operational and not expired
    (ii) check the unit’s flow rate
    (iii) test the mouthpiece check valves
    (iv) checked by pass valve functions, if applicable
    (v) conduct a positive pressure test
    (vi) conduct a negative pressure test
    (vii) analyse the gas supply
    (viii) check that the analyser is in test
    (ix) check the redundant gas supply system is working; and
    (x) check the oxygen partial pressure monitor, if applicable.

So im banned from the only boat operator in melbourne..5 months out of water.. thanks redboats.. let me say the guy is a ######. He knows i just spent big money on gear.. he told me to pack scrubber on boat. but It seems rebreather diving also very limited in qld...

Adrian
    Last edited by wedivebc; 6th February 2018 at 23:45. Reason: profanity

RBW Member Kefrko is an unknown quantity at this point Kefrko's Avatar
    rEvo 3

Quote Originally Posted by asender  View Original Post
    This is not the sort of review I wanted to write, it is thrown together at 2am and does not make much sense. I should have taken much more time to write this. I have been thinking about it for over 4 months daily.

It has affected my work / life balance a fair bit - I changed jobs. I really do feel the local rebreather community should be supporting new divers for the first 20 dives so this does not happen. It has been very difficult to get post training dives – I feel diving under a pier very limited. I drive down to the peninsula 2 or 3 times a month.

Packing a scrubber on the boat is not something anyone should ever do – even if you are running late and they say to do it on the boat at that time. It was packed it in a suitcase. It is Alkaline based - I have always wondered what long term exposure does to the temp probes (ie; if you keep your sorb in tupper container etc.).

On a previous boat dive attempt during a bubble check both the oxygen and diluent lines feeding into the MAV from the tank were loose. I did pre-dive checks twice (night before and morning) and not sure how this was missed. These were tightened on the boat and I was able to proceed with the second dive. The only way the leak could be determined with the oxygen feed is by putting the MAV block in water bucket of water. When I got home I disassembled the MAV block and found a pinched oring on the oxygen feed. I am guessing this was damaged on the boat - attempting the second dive. It could possibly be damaged from tightening while tank open under pressure.

I had a loan unit for the course and the new unit has taken some time to get right with harness adjustments (diverite).

In general it was a good experience and everyone went out of the way to assist including redboats and instructor who drove to a convenient local pool for me to initiate the course.

-Adrian
    I think the RB community is very willing to be supportive of new divers if those divers are willing to take accountability for their own actions. You say you’ve been thinking about this daily for 4 months but for some reason can’t make a coherent post reflecting your feelings on the situation. Your purpose of the OP was to get the opinions of the community and I think it was a resounding “you were in the wrong”. So it might be time to take a look at your training and process of diving and make some adjustments. If you pissed off the only boat in town, you might need to make amends and as another person recommended “build some bridges” and take some blame. I am still what I would consider a new revo diver so I’m far from an expert but with dive boats leaving early I almost always build my unit the night before when I have time to focus on what I’m doing and deal with any leaks or issues. That way the morning of the dive, I can just load gear and then relax. I’m sorry if you ended up with an instructor that maybe didn’t teach well enough or perhaps you just didn’t retain everything that was taught including dive etiquette. Maybe it’s because my instructor is also a charter captain but he really emphasized being conscious of the boat and the passengers in regards to handling sorb. A boat captain would probably tell you (who is already running late) to just pack scrubbers on the boat instead of holding up the boat at the dock and inconveniencing the rest of the passengers just for you. Hope you stick with the revo, it’s a great unit l, learn from this and dive safe

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Arrow Re: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by asender  View Original Post
    I was planning a trip to cairns to see the reef one last time. B4 selling it.

Wanted to use the unit .. but was referred to the following by operators:

3.1.2 Diving using EANx Rebreathers
    The person conducting the business or undertaking should ensure:
    (a) EANx rebreather diving does not take place unless, present at the dive site, is either an
    EANx rebreather dive supervisor, or an EANx dive supervisor who ensures each
    rebreather diver conducts the appropriate checks on their rebreather unit. The appropriate
    checks are:
    (i) check the rebreather unit scrubber is operational and not expired
    (ii) check the unit’s flow rate
    (iii) test the mouthpiece check valves
    (iv) checked by pass valve functions, if applicable
    (v) conduct a positive pressure test
    (vi) conduct a negative pressure test
    (vii) analyse the gas supply
    (viii) check that the analyser is in test
    (ix) check the redundant gas supply system is working; and
    (x) check the oxygen partial pressure monitor, if applicable.

So im banned from the only boat operator in melbourne..5 months out of water.. thanks redboats.. let me say the guy is a cock sucker. He knows i just spent big money on gear.. he told me to pack scrubber on boat. but It seems rebreather diving also very limited in qld...

Adrian
    EANx dive supervisor ant that just some twat with a Clipboard,

cant see why you would need one , ie a trained ccr diver needs a twat with a clipboard ,

ps

this EANx dive supervisor will he come to your house the night be4 or will he want you to do the checks on the boat lol
    Last edited by Gobfish1; 4th February 2018 at 18:11.

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

PLEASSSSSE let this thread die - its was embarrassing for Oz to have two twats going off like week old pork chops but now we have the QLD regs being put up on display for the world to - all to bloody much.

regards Baz

THE FROGMAN amir is an unknown quantity at this point amir's Avatar
    rEvo 3 micro hybrid RMS

first of all this have nothing to do with rEvo and by doing bad promoting u will just make everybody hate you and nobody will support you , I agree with what people say above
    THE ONLY PROBLEM IS YOUR ATTITUDE ,
    YOU ARE TALKING BAD ABOUT THE BOAT , THE INSTRUCTOR , THE CREW .....
    if you spend big money on a breather well spend some extra $ and charter the boat for yourself or share cost with some ccr divers IF THEY WANT TO DIVE WITH YOU
    I pack scrubber at home . my buddy most of them are OC so 5 mins before reaching the island I will start my pre-dive jump check and pre-breathing . when boat stop I jump first and came up same time as them if they have long deco I meet them in the 6 meter stop I have dedicated computer set to their gas so I know how much deco they have
    if your instructor didn't certify you means you are not up the level of certification rEvo are very strict with their training ,( if you die on the unit its not good promoting for them )
    THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO NOW IS APOLOGIES TO EVERYBODY including the boat owner , captain , instructor .....
    10 min to unclip ?? I won't buddy up with you bye see you on surface you should have a cutter and you should have another clip
    just because you dive rebreather doesn't mean people have to do babysitting to you grow up dude and change ur attitude

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast