+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

RBW Member asender is an unknown quantity at this point asender's Avatar
    Revo micro

Re: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

Delete the thread mod. I have dived the unit 4 times on top of training. wont be again.

RBW Member macado is an unknown quantity at this point macado's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini-Aquaseal Edition

This whole thread reads like a disjointed mess.

What exactly does it have to do with rEvo beyond you having a piss-poor course?

What does the delayed certification date have to do with the boat company?

Is the boat company and the rebreather instructor in some sort of partnership?

What does the boat company have to do with your failed tank?

From what I can tell you made a couple errors in judgement that would also make me question if you belonged on the boat.

Packing sorb and assembling your rebreather on the boat. This is a big red flag here. To be blunt, you really need to sort this out on land before getting on a day boat.

Overstaying your runtime because of a stuck clip on an dSMB? I understand shit happens but with the above mentioned red flag and your attitude I would be both concerned and pissed off.

I have no idea what kind of diver you are and if I misunderstood the facts then I apologize. You may very well be a very good and safety consciousness diver that was just having a bad day. Unfortunately a bad day on a rebreather can result in death. Part of me is wondering what this has to do with rEvo?

Based on your own account, I am siding with the boat company / dive operator here.. It sounds like you had a bad experience with a dive operator and and were not happy with your MOD1 course. Two separate things.
    Last edited by macado; 16th January 2018 at 17:37.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by asender  View Original Post
    Delete the thread mod. I have dived the unit 4 times on top of training. wont be again.
    Sorry man, you should have thought about how this pissing match made you look before you posted it.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    Sorry man, you should have thought about how this pissing match made you look before you posted it.
    Great thing about the internet. It's all out there for everyone to see.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

I can't judge what Adrian the OP did, but I can say this is it takes one person to ruin it all the other rebreather divers. I used to go on this wonderful day trip dive boat in Southern California and it took one idiot rebreather diver to cause the owner and the captain to say "no rebreather divers allowed except chartering the entire boat as a private charter. The "new" rebreather diver did almost the same thing of bringing the 44lb scrubber keg, being in the way of people, having his gear all over the place, taking up 3 tank space, and just being plain rude and defensive about his gear when it was in the way of other divers. Of course karma got him on the first dive which he nearly drown and his unit was completely "totaled" due to flood in the loop. On top of that, the boat had to return back to port because he complain he had "chest problem" where a EMT car was waiting for him and that ended the 19 diver's day of diving. I know the owner and the captain and they're wonderful people, it takes a great effort to piss them off so whatever that diver did, pretty much killed for me and a lot of other rebreather divers too.

EDIT:

Here the website of the Redboat and their fleet.

https://redboats.com.au/about/

That size boat is NOT a boat to bring the scrubber keg on, filling it up, having parts and pieces all over the floor or in a tubberware and etc.
    Last edited by RoyJN; 17th January 2018 at 06:39. Reason: Added the Redboat operation

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJN  View Original Post
    I can't judge what Adrian the OP did, but I can say this is it takes one person to ruin it all the other rebreather divers. I used to go on this wonderful day trip dive boat in Southern California and it took one idiot rebreather diver to cause the owner and the captain to say "no rebreather divers allowed except chartering the entire boat as a private charter. The "new" rebreather diver did almost the same thing of bringing the 44lb scrubber keg, being in the way of people, having his gear all over the place, taking up 3 tank space, and just being plain rude and defensive about his gear when it was in the way of other divers. Of course karma got him on the first dive which he nearly drown and his unit was completely "totaled" due to flood in the loop. On top of that, the boat had to return back to port because he complain he had "chest problem" where a EMT car was waiting for him and that ended the 19 diver's day of diving. I know the owner and the captain and they're wonderful people, it takes a great effort to piss them off so whatever that diver did, pretty much killed for me and a lot of other rebreather divers too.

EDIT:

Here the website of the Redboat and their fleet.

https://redboats.com.au/about/

That size boat is NOT a boat to bring the scrubber keg on, filling it up, having parts and pieces all over the floor or in a tubberware and etc.
    Both them boat,s are set up for single cylinder divers , id not book a trip out on them ,

James Jennings TheBcDiver is an unknown quantity at this point TheBcDiver's Avatar

Twin 350hp outboards...I wouldnt like to see their fuel bill

RBW Member fullytek is an unknown quantity at this point fullytek's Avatar
    megabastard

All dive boats are set up to accomadate single tank divers .
    Tech divers represent a small segment of the market.
    Recreational divers pay the bills.

If you can't handle diving off a boat that size, that's your problem not the operators.
    You will find your options limmited as you try to find operators running in unique locations.

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by Gobfish1  View Original Post
    Both them boat,s are set up for single cylinder divers , id not book a trip out on them ,
    The guy clearly did not do his research when planning his trip. Can't plan the trip on the fly and play it by ear when dealing with logistic of rebreather and/or technical diving.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by fullytek  View Original Post
    All dive boats are set up to accomadate single tank divers .
    Tech divers represent a small segment of the market.
    Recreational divers pay the bills.

If you can't handle diving off a boat that size, that's your problem not the operators.
    You will find your options limmited as you try to find operators running in unique locations.
    id say thats down to where you live m8 ,

as for unique locations done a few and yes you may not always get the best boat for the job ,

having said that some unique boats are about in some so called unique places,s

we dont often sea boats with ladders on the back in uk , even 200 miles out in the south china sea,s some boats have lifts , and even deco chambers on board ,

id like to see the dive op drag a ccr diver up them ladders , in full kit , lol
    going going gone , see ya bob.

the cafe seating for up to 30 and the quoited 40 knots , tell,s me all i need to know . (MOO)
    Last edited by Gobfish1; 17th January 2018 at 19:11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast