+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

Closed Account asender is an unknown quantity at this point asender's Avatar
    Revo micro

Thumbs down Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

Recently I was certified on a Revo Rebreather in Melbourne, Australia.

The entire course was less then satisfactory with some equipment safety concerns.

There is only one boat company in Melbourne - redboats. he is the most rude person I have ever met….

Hi Luke I just want to let you know I'm still upset the way you spoke to me last week. Been told your the worst diver you have ever seen.. further more your crew seemed more concerned about been 10 min late then diver safety ... I've spoken to dive clubs about this and they said I did nothing wrong. I think you owe me an apology. I've been diving around the world .. never been spoken to like that If I wrote review on forum I think you would see accusing people of trying to dive without license and been 10 minutes late and then told "bullshit" my dive time not 60 minute.

Your crew didn't even check or ask why I was 10 min late Just "we were about to call emergency services "

Redboats Reply:
    10/06/2017 8:54pm

G'day Adrian. I am disappointed to read your message above as I spoke to the crew of the trip after I spoke to you and said you had taken the conversation rather well. I told them that you had underwood the issues at hand. I see I was completely wrong. You did not understand a thing I said. Jackson didn't need to ask why you were late and I'm glad he didn't based on the embarrassing answer you gave me during our conversation. He has been doing this job exactly one week longer than I have and he knows what a disorganised diver looks like. I am sorry you are more concerned about the "way I spoke to you" than you are about your own safety. I spoke to you with respect and I spoke to you calmly. As for your threat of a bad review, I'm more concerned about your attitude to your diving than I am about you leaving a bad review. I tell you what. Why don't we put all of the dealings we have had together such as the packing of the sorb on your rebreather on the boat on the way to the dive site, trying to book on a dive with your Revo before you were certified, the lack of implementation of a lost buddy procedure and the over staying of your run time altogether and put it to a forum to see what they think. I won't name names. Then we can see what people think and you can see honest feedback. Any other dive charter operator would have banned you.

RedBoat
    Who are the dive clubs that say you did nothing wrong?

Adrian
    I'll ask for their permission to pass

Adrian
    Dunno why u think diving without a certificate. Both Priya and I discussed this.. I never rocked up with my rebreather uncertifired. You told me to pack the sort on the boat!

Redboat
    Seriously? If you don't name the clubs I will take this issue public. I am not having our name sullied.

Redboats
    You have 10 minutes toname the clubs before I take this public to protect our reputation.

-------------------------
    I told them both I will be writing a review, I waited 3 months, summer feels ruined, 15k down - thanks guys. Also I imagine redboats has posted this elsewhere as they said they would in 10 minutes... that was a couple months back. Here is my version - I have all facebook conversations, pics of failed tanks etc..

- Original Certificate Date Delayed, Instructor had multuple students, no time to focu on me and told me he would not certify me on that dive.
    - Called Boat Company 1 month later in Melbourne to ask if they support Rebreather Diving
    - Called Instructor to see if I can go for boat dive, left voice message
    - Boat Company also called instructor also
    - Boat Company said I am trying to dive uncertified.
    * I had no intentions of diving without instructor approval for what its worth.

- Boat Company said you are not getting on my boat with those tanks* (carbon fiber)
    - Purchased new tanks from instructor
    - Brand new Oxygen tank failed in my small car. I was driving and filled car with compressed Gas @ 200bar … I am still here.
    - Next week got new replacement tank
    - Organized dive with same boat company, dive time was approximately 45 minutes they said, I came up after 1 hour.
    *Reason for 10 minutes late was I had just purchased a new second hand SMB from a scuba shop and the clip was stuck…took me few extra minutes to unclip. I appologized on the boat to everyone and explained new/second hand SMB. Noone seemed to care, no other divers waited for me either, they were on OC.
    - Received abusive late night phone call from boat owner saying I am the most **** diver he has ever seen… “you and one other bloke from the UK”

Basically I feel like I have been totally ripped off here in Melbourne, left right… center.

I have extensive facebook conversations with this fool – everything recorded in detail.

I have held onto this for a few months, but people need to be aware there are a few shady operators in Melbourne with double standards. I have confirmed with my OW instructor - he told me I did the correct procedure - surfacing with a rebreather without SMB the boat could go over the top of you.

I also confirmed with 1 other dive club... so if anyone else wants to add their 2 cents please do.

Adrian
    Last edited by asender; 13th January 2018 at 14:44.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    XCCR, SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Re: Terrible Expieriance - Revo Rebreather Newbie In Melbourne

Sorry Adrian,
    sounds like I would not be happy having you as a buddy. If I was running a boat and you started packing sorb on it you would never again dive from my boat (if you need to understand the reason why, just put a handful of sorb on a welded aluminum joint with a little bit of saltwater and look at it 3 months later).
    Getting your shit together while diving on a boat is not cool, by the time you start diving from a boat you should already have solved all the problems that new divers have.

Michael

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Sorry mate but I can't help it. If it takes you 10+ minutes to unclip and shoot an SMB, you need to practice. Checking your gear before the dive is an absolute must to survival. SMB being a second hand purchase is a very lame excuse. I have about 15 sets of scubapro MK20 first stages, all off of ebay (second hand) and guess what was the first thing I have done after I recieved them? Serviced them to make sure they work properly.
    Last edited by rolanddiver; 13th January 2018 at 19:39.
    Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War....

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Packing sorb on the boat just canít work for me, beside the reasons already mentioned by Michael you canít do a decent check up that way. I always prepare everything the evening before or early before leaving.
    It sounds like it didnít went smooth, not before, during and after the dive.
    Have fun and save diving.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

RBW Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

A few years back there was a newbie rEvo diver in our area that was doing very much exactly what you are telling us you have done. He was getting a very bad reputation in a hurry and most of my friends were not longer interested in diving with him or even being on the same boat with him. I was elected to go talk to him (since I tend to speak my mind and have never been one to worry about hurting feelings) to get him to sort his s*it or find new buddies and boats.

FWIW, that same diver is now a respected member of our dive community and has turned out to be a dam fine rebreather pilot.

If you want to make someone remember what you are saying, either piss them off or hurt their feeling. It might get you killed, but they WILL remember. Sounds like you might remember something from this boat and crew too.

RBW Member DeathBoxDiving is an unknown quantity at this point DeathBoxDiving's Avatar
    FrankenTitan

Hi Adrian,

Be safe. The community does not need yet one more statistic. RB diving is a great way to experience the other 71% of this planet but is does require greater pre-dive planning and equipment checks.

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

Hi Adrian
    Sorry but have to agree with the rest. The only time I have packed a scrubber on a boat in the UK is on a liveaboard in Scapa Flow. they have a dedicated area for it complete with dustpan & brush to clear up any spillage immediately & god help you if you dont !
    ANY second hand purchase should be thoroughly serviced before use who ever it is purchased from. A cheap clip will start to corrode in days even just kept in a damp kit bag.
    You don't mention how the cylinder failed but don't really see the context in relation to the boat operator.
    You say that the "instructor would not certify you on that dive" therefore you are not certified & I don't know any instructor that is going to agree you diving when not certified unless under instruction because of liability issues.
    Not certain what the "lost buddy" was about but if this was one of your very first dives after the ( unfinished) course then it would always be best to dive with other ccr diver.
    Please please practice in a pool or shallow lake a lot first before boat diving as said we do not need any more statistics & god knows most of us have had a close call at one time or another.

As I say " I trust my rebreather implicitly, I just don't trust the user ! "

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

Adrian and Redboats - what a pair of twats you have made yourselves appear - going off like a week old pork chop about a stupid squabble over a mundane dive and doing it to a world wide audience.

Guys your not helping the industry down here - sort your lovers tiff out in private and build a bridge and get over it.

Children ... regards Bazza

RBW Member fullytek is an unknown quantity at this point fullytek's Avatar
    megabastard

So when you assembled your machine on a moving boat how did you do a reliable +- ?

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    Adrian and Redboats - what a pair of twats you have made yourselves appear - going off like a week old pork chop about a stupid squabble over a mundane dive and doing it to a world wide audience.

Guys your not helping the industry down here - sort your lovers tiff out in private and build a bridge and get over it.

Children ... regards Bazza
    nothing more to say

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast