+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to connect a Divesoft Analyser to the compressor

RBW Member mshamba is an unknown quantity at this point mshamba's Avatar
    AP evo +

How to connect a Divesoft Analyser to the compressor

I want to connect my Divesoft analyser to my compressor so if O2 percentage rises above the limit it will switch off. I know that this is a possibility with Divesoft, but don't know how to do it. Has anybody done it and can advise on how to procede?
    Thanks

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Re: How to connect a Divesoft Analyser to the compressor

Hi,

Planning on doing the same thing when I get home next month. I recently opened a topic to see how to achieve the gas flow thru the analyzer and people had some good suggestions. You would need some sort of miniature pump that would suck the gas from the compressor inlet/nitrox stick and push it thru the analyzer with the suggested flow rate (0.2liter/min). Also you would need a DVI-I connector and some electronics background (or a friend with a soldering iron who could do it for you). The pinout of the DVI connector is listed at the end of the user manual. Since the alayzer can't directly control the compressor, you would need a relay that disconnects the electricity from the motor in case the O2 level rises above the set/safe limit. I hope it helps some.
    Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War....

RBW Member mshamba is an unknown quantity at this point mshamba's Avatar
    AP evo +

Thanks Roland,
    the plumbing part is easy, I have put a female female DIN adapter on one of my compressorís charging whips and connected the Fivesoft flow limiter as you would on a cylinder. The part Iím struggling with is the electronic part.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

There have been some people do this completely with an Arduino microcontroller. Check out this project, for example. If you're getting the O2 reading directly from the divesoft analyzer, it should just be a matter of setting up some code to monitor the output, and perform some action to switch off the compressor (in that example, he had it cut off the o2 flow with a servo. You could just as easily have it manually trip a switch).

Arduino isn't terribly hard to learn, and there is a huuge community out there that seems happy to help. There are a number of people on here that have done Arduino and other microcontroller based projects, making HUDs, controllers, analyzers, and the like. If you yYou might try asking here, and elsewhere, specifically about what you want to do. Chances are someone has already done it, and might share the code or at least tips with you.

Jim

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Keep in mind that if you take the reading on the outlet of your compressor, it might be too late. You want to see what is going into it to ensure it doesnít blow up. If it has passed thru it, itís too late....

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War
    Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War....

+ Reply to Thread