+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How it really is with FISHER connector?

RBW Member LenaRip is an unknown quantity at this point LenaRip's Avatar
    LenaRip

, , . , . , , , . . . , . , , . . , . . , . , , . , , , . , , . . , . , , , , , , , .. .

RBW Member Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit & bits

inspo classic

Re: How it really is with FISHER connector?

they work, for a while. I had one on a shearwater and had issues with it, replaced it and had issues with it, switched to a hardwired computer and forgot about it.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Re: How it really is with FISHER connector?

as you can see there is various opinions.
    I have been using fisher connections in various rebreather setups since I started diving CCRs..
    I never had an issue so far.. I also never used mineral oil... I am also not special maintaining it. I rinse it with fresh water after dives like the rest of equipment and I am carefull not to put stress on the cable (as I also do with all cables on diving equipment)..
    I do use contact spray to clean maybe once a year.. that's it..
    Maybe I have just been lucky or not..
    Maybe some folks just really abuse their equipment, who knows...

When you are in fact installing a new cable and are buying a new Computer for exactly that purpose, then I would look into the connection that revo is using though and with that sort of have a "hard wired" computer. or go hard wired all along..
    I only stayed with Fisher because I always used fisher and so I simply migrated that when switching CCRs.. Never made a choice from zero..
    Maybe even go NERD on that one?

or just add one device - wrist or Nerd (if you so far only have one revo Dream as it sounds).. I like the "expedition" approach, where you have 2 independent monitoring devices independent from the main controller, which are able to read 2 cells each if needed but read 1 cell on default..
    The expedition version does it with two dreams.. I use 1 dream and one Fisher connected Petrel..
    Advantages:
    3 independent monitors, so if these are reading in line the readings REALLY MUST be right (or you did a shit job at calibrating them all at once - which I try to deviate from over the course of repetitive diving .. so have the individual devices calibrated at different occasions - of course they have to read correct ;) )
    and
    if your main controller crashes and is not repairable on site you can still monitor a minimum of 4 cells with reconnecting the cells on the board to the other instruments and still have a perfectly safe diveable unit.. (with the Fisher petrel I even read all 5 cells after reconnecting, the only difference is I have to dive mCCR then not hCCR)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2