+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fastest / easiest agency for CCR tec courses ( Poseidon )

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

Re: Fastest / easiest agency for CCR tec courses ( Poseidon )

reminds me of what 1 of my team sgts said 30 or so years ago said "the only thing you can learn FAST AND EASY is how to be a corpse "

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

Different agencies have different rules. PADI came late to the CCR party and probably has the most time consuming rules on the books. You need to find an instructor and discuss what you want to accomplish. The most requirement are the dive hours so your best bet is a shop that offers dives and c-cards.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Well you'll want to stay away from TDI. My first rebreather class lasted a whole week and my instructor made me do skills and drills every dive. We also had to do a bunch of math and stuff so I'd stay away from them...

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by zoldot  View Original Post
    I find it hard to motivate spending weeks / plenty of hours and plenty of money around 3000€ to be able to dive to 60m when half of the time of the course is "filling up the time" instead of actually teaching whats relevant to what i want to do... Since PADI is so damn "unflexible" and MUST be teached how they want it i'd like to choose a other Agency, but i dont know which one is the REAL thing..
    I don't think there is a real thing. There are different styles, there are instructors who know the course and some who know way more than the course. There are course taught be people who know the course and some who dive that unit day in and day out. As for the filling up the time, the step from Padi's Advanced CCR diver or whatever it's called, to normoxic is quite a different mindset and those skills that were simple (somethings wrong - bailout) and could be "got away with" if a little slow or sloppy, now have to start being correct, slick and automatic. One of the most valuable things I have got from any CCR course is time on the unit practising and being coached. None of it is rocket science and although I'm happy admitting my experience diving CCR is limited, the one thing I have drawn from it is that time on the unit is probably one of the more valuable yet understated skills. Anyone could be able to do a smooth ascent when all's well and you have all the time in the world but doing one to a rigid timetable whilst your unit is going apeshit and juggling a DSMB reel is a different beast altogether.

I won't echo what's already been said beyond repeating "talk through what your goals are with an instructor and find out how they can help you achieve them".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2