+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fastest / easiest agency for CCR tec courses ( Poseidon )

RBW Member zoldot is an unknown quantity at this point zoldot's Avatar
    Poseidon MKVI

Fastest / easiest agency for CCR tec courses ( Poseidon )

Hello Guys.

I'm new to Rebreather diving, i recently got a Poseidon RB,
    And i want to get to Tec 60 CCR, so far i just got PADI courses.
    But i'm thinking about using another Agency since PADI seems to be kinda just trying to empty your pockets with idiotic and irrelevant stuff.
    I'm living in Sweden , but the most agencys are found pretty close by.

What agency is the fastest / cheapest / easiest / best way to obtain the needed knowledge?

Could you please explain why aswell

Thanks guys! Merry X-mas

RBW Member jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h's Avatar

Re: Fastest / easiest agency for CCR tec courses ( Poseidon )

Quote Originally Posted by zoldot  View Original Post
    What agency is the fastest / cheapest / easiest / best way to obtain the needed knowledge?
    I think you forgot one adjective, "safest". That one is largely up to you and your mindset. As for the rest, it's typically more about the instructor than the agency. If the PADI course structure doesn't work for you, then go TDI, or IANTD, etc. Although, if you're looking for cheap, then it will likely be on their schedule not yours. To quote systematic.entropy from the Ginnie thread, "There's no course that's more expensive than a funeral".

So to answer your questions:
    1. Fastest way to obtain the needed knowledge?
    Depends on the individual. What do you find is the best way for you to learn things? Likely buying all the books you can on the topic and then reading them will be fastest way to "obtain the needed knowledge". It will also be a good preparation for your course.
    Cheapest way to obtain the needed knowledge?
    2. Cheapest way to obtain knowledge is stated above.
    Read everything that you can on topic and become self reliant. Make yourself responsible for your "knowledge". Then find a good instructor, which will be cheaper than a funeral...
    3. Easiest way to obtain the needed knowledge?
    similar to first question, although some things are not easy. Likely a combination of reading, practice and working with an instructor until the knowledge and skills are obtained. However, it's up to you to obtain and retain them.
    4. Best way to obtain the needed knowledge?
    Again, a combination of reading, practice and working with a good instructor. Working through all of the problems on paper, making and discussing the dive plan and skills. Post dive analysis, etc.
    As you're diving a Poseidon, then maybe your real question was more about the cheapest and fastest way to obtain a certification card so that you can get the next level of battery/brains for it. Totally different question, but if you subscribe to what systematic.entropy says, then the same answers as above.
    Last edited by jeff h; 22nd December 2017 at 17:44.

RBW Member zoldot is an unknown quantity at this point zoldot's Avatar
    Poseidon MKVI

Quote Originally Posted by jeff h  View Original Post
    I think you forgot one adjective, "safest". That one is largely up to you and your mindset. As for the rest, it's typically more about the instructor than the agency. If the PADI course structure doesn't work for you, then go TDI, or IANTD, etc. Although, if you're looking for cheap, then it will likely be on their schedule not yours. To quote systematic.entropy from the Ginnie thread, "There's no course that's more expensive than a funeral".

So to answer your questions:
    1. Fastest way to obtain the needed knowledge?
    Depends on the individual. What do you find is the best way for you to learn things? Likely buying all the books you can on the topic and then reading them will be fastest way to "obtain the needed knowledge". It will also be a good preparation for your course.
    Cheapest way to obtain the needed knowledge?
    2. Cheapest way to obtain knowledge is stated above.
    Read everything that you can on topic and become self reliant. Make yourself responsible for your "knowledge". Then find a good instructor, which will be cheaper than a funeral...
    3. Easiest way to obtain the needed knowledge?
    similar to first question, although some things are not easy. Likely a combination of reading, practice and working with an instructor until the knowledge and skills are obtained. However, it's up to you to obtain and retain them.
    4. Best way to obtain the needed knowledge?
    Again, a combination of reading, practice and working with a good instructor. Working through all of the problems on paper, making and discussing the dive plan and skills. Post dive analysis, etc.
    As you're diving a Poseidon, then maybe your real question was more about the cheapest and fastest way to obtain a certification card so that you can get the next level of battery/brains for it. Totally different question, but if you subscribe to what systematic.entropy says, then the same answers as above.
    Hey Jeff!

Thanks for your reply, i got the "highest" battery for the Poseidon so its not about that.
    The thing is i'd like to KNOW what i'm doing when im going deeper with the Poseidon.
    Aswell for Trimix etc, deco etc.

I've taken the first Padi Rebreather Diver Course and i feel it pointless mostly except the learning about the specifik rebreather itself.
    The course itself feels kinda " fill the book with some stuff so its thicker and the course takes more time so we can motivate the price.."

I went for Padis Poseidon course, and they spend hours of learning about Rebreathers like Hollis Explorer etc.

The book itself seems to be written by a 17 yr's old student.. its realy bad written..

I find it hard to motivate spending weeks / plenty of hours and plenty of money around 3000€ to be able to dive to 60m when half of the time of the course is "filling up the time" instead of actually teaching whats relevant to what i want to do... Since PADI is so damn "unflexible" and MUST be teached how they want it i'd like to choose a other Agency, but i dont know which one is the REAL thing..

Thanks!

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

What is your goal/objective?

My gut feeling is that you need a different instructor more than a different agency.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Well you'll want to stay away from TDI. My first rebreather class lasted a whole week and my instructor made me do skills and drills every dive. We also had to do a bunch of math and stuff so I'd stay away from them...
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h's Avatar

I find it hard to motivate spending weeks / plenty of hours and plenty of money around 3000€ to be able to dive to 60m when half of the time of the course is "filling up the time" instead of actually teaching whats relevant to what i want to do... Since PADI is so damn "unflexible" and MUST be teached how they want it i'd like to choose a other Agency, but i dont know which one is the REAL thing..
    Both TDI and IANTD have good instructors out there and are more straight forward. Look for a good one in your area.

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Well you'll want to stay away from TDI. My first rebreather class lasted a whole week and my instructor made me do skills and drills every dive. We also had to do a bunch of math and stuff so I'd stay away from them...
    Well, isn't thats what a good course is about, theorie and skills ???

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by sailor  View Original Post
    Well, isn't thats what a good course is about, theorie and skills ???
    he be taking the piss ,

OP
    all ccr noddy course,s are fast cheap and easy ,

RBW Member Gl1tchie is an unknown quantity at this point Gl1tchie's Avatar
    JJ

Do you want "fastest / cheapest / easiest" OR best?

Ask yourself this:
    If you wanted to learn how to sky dive, would you want fastest / easiest / cheapest? OR best?

Gold

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    same with my IANTD class....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast