+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CCR diving SoCal February

RBW Member Topmosrt1 is an unknown quantity at this point Topmosrt1's Avatar
    HH

Titan, Inspo, Meg 15

CCR diving SoCal February

A buddy and I will be out in Southern California at the end of January and are looking for recommendations on ccr friendly shops? I prefer not to try and travel with my bottles (steel 3L). Any recommendations on shops between Long Beach and San Diego that are ccr friendly? Probably trying to dive an oil rig and wreck, if not head out to the channel islands for a day or two. Thank you!!

RBW Member Lee Stroke is an unknown quantity at this point Lee Stroke's Avatar
    Revo

Re: CCR diving SoCal February

San Diego Divers, ask to talk to Lonnie.

J missionmtb is an unknown quantity at this point missionmtb's Avatar
    Se7en

mkVI

Quote Originally Posted by Topmosrt1  View Original Post
    A buddy and I will be out in Southern California at the end of January and are looking for recommendations on ccr friendly shops? I prefer not to try and travel with my bottles (steel 3L). Any recommendations on shops between Long Beach and San Diego that are ccr friendly? Probably trying to dive an oil rig and wreck, if not head out to the channel islands for a day or two. Thank you!!
    SD: +1 for SD Divers (inexpensive and stocked, Lonnie!).
    OC: Open Water Habitat is also CCR friendly (mainly poseidon shop, tech fills, Mike or Gary). Beach Cities Scuba in Dana Point (and Cypress?) can do fills.
    LA: Scuba Schools of America (Montclair, Rusty) or Hollywood Divers.

Ports o' Call San Pedro: Giant Stride (Jim) and Second Stage (Gerry Montejo) for six packs. Just did Eureka, Elly/Ellen w/ Jim this weekend. Can be combined with Olympic II, Moody etc.

Bring a drysuit, happy diving!

-J
    Last edited by missionmtb; 23rd December 2017 at 23:30.

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

+1 to what J said, I usually go down from San Jose to South California and San Diego Divers and Open Water Habitat are by far the only shop I ever went to in regards to rebreather tank rentals, fills, and even scrubbers.

+ Reply to Thread