+ Reply to Thread

Thread: N-19 Battery pack

RBW Member Rugaard is an unknown quantity at this point Rugaard's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

N-19 Battery pack

Hi
    Has anyone tried to order a custom battery pack from Ping battery or another firm for the N-19?
    I am thinking it would be possible to ship the original canister to them to refit a pack directly inside.

Their 20Ah pack has a dimension of 290*75*120mm and the canister of the N-19 has an internal diameter of 177mm and a lenght of 120mm, so I think they might be able to fit a battery inside.
    http://www.pingbattery.com/servlet/t...lithium/Detail

Does anyone know where to buy connectors for the charger/battery pack or at least have a name for them?

Best Regards
    Frederik Rugaard

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States

Re: N-19 Battery pack

plenty of people have swapped Ping batteries into the N-19 but you'll usually see it referred to as the Viper. The 30ah pack is a bit more common to see swapped in, but the 180x105x140mm battery pack will fit, though you will want to make a foam holder for it to keep it from moving around. I would not ship to the tube to them for that because you will need to offset it for trim and roll control. I do not believe the pack dimensions that you referenced will fit.

They can ship it with the 75a Anderson connectors if you ask for it for the discharge side. The charge side doesn't really matter, but they can put the 15/30/45a Anderson connectors on there if you want *I personally would leave it different so you don't accidentally put the wrong charger on there*

JJ-CCR

Hi
    Will it not be to heavy with a 30Ah battery pack?
    Have you got any pictures on the solution that you suggest?

Do you change the relay or anything to use the new battery?

Best Regards
    Frederik Rugaard

no weight issues because the 30ah life pack is still lighter than the SLA, though there is a bit of a trim concern and they have put foam around the shroud to get it to trim up properly
    I do not have a picture of how they shoehorned it in unfortunately.

You do not have to change the relay to use the new battery *provided you have the new SS motor which the N19's will all have*, however having the speed controller is obviously preferred to have the extra low voltage cutoff in addition to the BMS

JJ-CCR

Hi
    Thank you for the reply.

I think I will go for the 20Ah 180*105*140 mm pack and 75a Anderson connectors on the discharge side and chrimp them myself.

Have you upgraded for the 24V High Rate BMS? I think I will go with the standard charger

Best
    Frederik

I wouldn't bother upgrading the charger unless you need to recharge it faster. The 4a is a nice charger and is fine. Will recharge it in roughly 6 hours and you'll want to let it take another 2-3 to balance. The 6a upgraded charger will charge it in roughly 4 hours but still take 2-3 to fully balance. As long as your are charging overnight it doesn't really matter.

I would order it with the upgraded BMS though, and ask for whatever connectors you want. They will put them on and crimp for you, so why would you want to crimp yourself? You can order custom length leads as well

JJ-CCR

Hi
    The reason why I would like to crimp it myself was because I need to get it trough a hole on the plate for fixation. But I see that is not really needed.

Best Regards
    Frederik

+ Reply to Thread