+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: One Piece Harness with AP BMCLs

RBW Member Dabbskebabs is an unknown quantity at this point Dabbskebabs's Avatar
    AP Inspiration xpd

Re: One Piece Harness with AP BMCLs

Quote Originally Posted by jturner  View Original Post
    I used to have a OPH with the FMCL and to be honest, if the harness is setup "DIR style" tight, the lungs don't move enough to cause a problem and the BMCLs should move even less, as the bottom is fixed and the top is held by the loop. I used to use the KT rollers and again to be honest, found them ok but not necessary if the harness was setup properly. I have a set spare if you want to have them to try out...?
    When I put a backplate on in the New Year, I'd definitely like to take you up on that offer. Obviously a beer in it for you for the trouble!

Cheers,

Leon

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by moose_grunt  View Original Post
    Most people go with either the backplate with cutouts and/or put a spacer between the unit and lungs. Here's a FB post of a guy who made cutouts himself.

FWIW, one of my regular dive buddies used a plastic DR backplate with BMCL, the stock wing, and the tech/travel canister, and did not use either a spacer or make cutouts in his backplate.

Jim
    +1

I just did what Jim did, put spacers between the unit and the lungs. Otherwise I have had zero issues with it.

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

I have found that normal BP (without curtout and fancy stuff) is perfectly Ok with BMCL. There is plenty of room for the lungs to expand. Yes, a one piece harness also works.

My suggestion go with a standrd BP and your favourite OPH (love the new acronym!) and you'll find after a bit of adjustment you'll be fine. Depending on whose BMCLs you use (I used home made ones using a paid of medium AP Cls), I made sure the CLs were secured to the waist belt or therabouts(bottom of BP is fine too) and ajdusted them snugly after unit was donned. I got pictsif you want some.

Incidentl, I originally went with the smancy fancy BPs (at great cost i might add) and founf them completely unnecessary. But if you really really want one, I have one with pockets for the CL that coul;d fall of the back of a truck for correct spondulicks....(pics available)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2