+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Haskel Mini Sport Booster and All Hoses, Fitting, Digital Gauges and Pelican Case

Supporting Member dkieley is an unknown quantity at this point dkieley's Avatar

Haskel Mini Sport Booster and All Hoses, Fitting, Digital Gauges and Pelican Case

Hi everyone! Since I am in the process of selling my rebreather, along must go my Haskel Mini Sport Booster. I have only used this for about 4 hours total. I have all the fittings to go from any tank to another. I used it for filling air, o2, and Helium.

I am asking $1800 for everything plus shipping. As you can tell I have the booster mounted inside the Pelican Case which can contain all of the hoses.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
    Doug
    Attached Images
    :D There are no "ifs" in history......

Doug

RBW Member Mindset is an unknown quantity at this point Mindset's Avatar
    Poseidon MkVI

Re: Haskel Mini Sport Booster and All Hoses, Fitting, Digital Gauges and Pelican Case

PM sent sir

-Bill

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: Haskel Mini Sport Booster and All Hoses, Fitting, Digital Gauges and Pelican Case

Are those ball lock Cornelius Keg fittings on the gas side? Sure look like it...

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Still listed, so I assume it remains for sale?

RBW Member Mindset is an unknown quantity at this point Mindset's Avatar
    Poseidon MkVI

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    Are those ball lock Cornelius Keg fittings on the gas side? Sure look like it...
    I'm not informed of those particular connectors, is that a good thing?

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by Mindset  View Original Post
    I'm not informed of those particular connectors, is that a good thing?
    Yes and no.
    Yes, because they are inexpensive and very easy to maintain.
    No, because they are used and rated to about 100psi max.

They are used on kegs to carbonate beer/soda at a max of 30psi as well as the liquid out to the taps, usually less than 5psi. The main issue you will have if these are in fact ball lock fittings is the poppet (the part on the QD needed to use these) is usually plastic. Attached are a few pictures of a keg I have where they are used. A quick internet search of homebrewing keg supplies should give all the info you need. The picture that shows the "in" fitting is gas "in" also noted by the notches you would find on the post. Gas in and liquid out have different QDs so that you don't inadvertently mix them up.

One thing I did notice on your setup is that you don't have external o-rings so you may infact not have what I'm referring to.
    IMG_5112[1].jpgIMG_5113[1].jpg
    Last edited by whynot?; 18th November 2017 at 17:07.

RBW Member gkuzkin85 is on a distinguished road gkuzkin85 is on a distinguished road gkuzkin85's Avatar

PM sent.

Good Morning,

I have a few interested buyers, and I will post if the item is sold.

Thanks
    Doug

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    Yes and no.
    Yes, because they are inexpensive and very easy to maintain.
    No, because they are used and rated to about 100psi max.

They are used on kegs to carbonate beer/soda at a max of 30psi as well as the liquid out to the taps, usually less than 5psi. The main issue you will have if these are in fact ball lock fittings is the poppet (the part on the QD needed to use these) is usually plastic. Attached are a few pictures of a keg I have where they are used. A quick internet search of homebrewing keg supplies should give all the info you need. The picture that shows the "in" fitting is gas "in" also noted by the notches you would find on the post. Gas in and liquid out have different QDs so that you don't inadvertently mix them up.

One thing I did notice on your setup is that you don't have external o-rings so you may infact not have what I'm referring to.
    Attachment 43950Attachment 43951
    Sorry, but the quick connects are not what you are referring to...the quick connectors are all steel, rated for 5000 psi. I chose those in particular since the components could be oxygen cleaned both right away and in the future. These are manufactured by Parker and run about $100 each. They were made with viton o-rings for the gas applications. The comments made above are inaccurate.

Thanks
    Doug

Doug

MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by dkieley  View Original Post
    Sorry, but the quick connects are not what you are referring to...the quick connectors are all steel, rated for 5000 psi. I chose those in particular since the components could be oxygen cleaned both right away and in the future. These are manufactured by Parker and run about $100 each. They were made with viton o-rings for the gas applications. The comments made above are inaccurate.

Thanks
    Doug
    Thanks for the update. Except for the fact that what I refer to above isn't what you have, the info I wrote about the Cornelius keg QDs is accurate, just so that we are clear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast