+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ginnie Springs new ccr rule

RBW Member decostanza is an unknown quantity at this point decostanza's Avatar
    rEvoIII Ti

Ginnie Springs new ccr rule

I saw this on the ‘cave diving forum’ and thought I would by-pass the rumor mill and go directly to the source... and unfortunately, it’s legit. I had a chat with Ginnie staff about this.Effective immediately, unless your card says ‘ccr-cave’ you will not be allowed to dive your unit there. The same for ‘dov’. I share this as many of us plan trips to dive there and share this bit of knowledge as a heads-up.
    Last edited by decostanza; 11th November 2017 at 19:42.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: Ginnie Springs new ccr rule

Neither of these are new rules. Sounds like they have increased the enforcement which is not a surprise given that there is new general manager.

As it applies to DPV, I think there may be some type of grandfather exemption depending on how long ago you were cave certified.

Dive Safe...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by decostanza  View Original Post
    I saw this on the ‘cave diving forum’ and thought I would by-pass the rumor mill and go directly to the source... and unfortunately, it’s legit. I had a chat with Ginnie staff about this.Effective immediately, unless your card says ‘ccr-cave’ you will not be allowed to dive your unit there. The same for ‘dov’. I share this as many of us plan trips to dive there and share this bit of knowledge as a heads-up.
    I guess I'm screwed, I've never paid for a "dov" card.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by scubainchicago  View Original Post
    I guess I'm screwed, I've never paid for a "dov" card.
    did you ever pay for a BOV card?
    My cave card is old enough that I'm grandfathered in as far as my DPVs go.

Michael

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    Neither of these are new rules. Sounds like they have increased the enforcement which is not a surprise given that there is new general manager.
    The cave ccr is a new rule...as of October 1, 2017. They tried implementing this years ago, but Rose Meadows set them straight and it did not become a rule (aside from the "week or so, on and off again, depending who you signed in with" type of rule).

RBW Member fullytek is an unknown quantity at this point fullytek's Avatar
    megabastard

Is a padi dpv card still acceptable?

RBW Member AJF is an unknown quantity at this point AJF's Avatar
    Makes a lot of bubbles :O

I don't have a Cave CCR card. Just curious, what does the Cave CCR course offer that Full/Technical cave does not?

The words "Cave" and "CCR" on the same card.

RBW Member decostanza is an unknown quantity at this point decostanza's Avatar
    rEvoIII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by decostanza  View Original Post
    ...just saw the typo...I meant "DPV" as many probably could have figured out...again, I post this as a heads-up as many may not be aware of this change as word only seems to be getting out via various forums. It was going to impact me next month and thought I would share the info here...especially for those traveling great distances
    Last edited by decostanza; 13th November 2017 at 22:29.

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    did you ever pay for a BOV card?
    My cave card is old enough that I'm grandfathered in as far as my DPVs go.

Michael
    No, there was a scheduling conflict and I wasn't able to send in the required fee. I ended up teaching myself how to turn the lever 90 clockwise and counterclockwise. I never thought it would come full circle and be a required certification. I know it was pretty nieve of me with the writhing on the wall.