My X1 finally stopped working. It would charge OK, and work at the surface, but would turn off randomly during dives, or would not turn on at all once submerged. I think it may have been the contacts or charging pins. The battery finally swelled and popped the back off.

So I'm trying to take it apart, to see what if anything I can re-use for future projects (housing, screen, etc). I've gotten the back off and battery out, but can't get the main circuit board out. Has anyone done this, and if so, how? Does it need a solvent to dissolve the potting compound, or do I just need to put on my big boy pants and push/pull harder?