+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 4 tank config

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Re: 4 tank config

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    Either this setup seems is too exotic for a rEvo diver or some tried and dropped the idea after seeing how shitty it is to handle it?
    I have never seen this type set-up on a rEvo or even pictures of this type set up. I suspect its a combination of it having no apparent advantages over the traditional set-up and that it probably would be difficult getting kitted up for wreck diving in lumpy seas. I saw one GUE style JJ swiftly dismantled after a week on a rocking boat due to the effort involved in handling the weight of the rig on a rocking boat when compared to a normal JJ.

RBW Member Steve Curry is an unknown quantity at this point Steve Curry's Avatar
    TBD

IMG_0991.jpgIMG_0992.jpg

Closest I've seen

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Yes some pictures would be nice, thatīs why I am asking here.
    Either this setup seems is too exotic for a rEvo diver or some tried and dropped the idea after seeing how shitty it is to handle it?

Anybody here who likes to try this setup?
    I do have the tanks all kind of brackets and cam bands and could come over (if itīs not too far)
    I will try to play with it next week

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Looking forward to see the result

RBW Member Mike_Eitel is an unknown quantity at this point Mike_Eitel's Avatar
    MeCCRxWi

MeRAY, MeTravox,MeCCRV"x,Inspi

4x2l Carbone.

Very nice balanced diving.
    Attached Images

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Yes some pictures would be nice, thatīs why I am asking here.

Anybody here who likes to try this setup?
    I do have the tanks all kind of brackets and cam bands and could come over (if itīs not too far)
    well for sure it in either way fucks up the nice streamlined profile of the revo..those tanks are better fitted along the body and not the casing also 2 7s for BO purposes seem not too make too much sense, but you did not want to discuss about the sense of this config so i didnt go there, but those are lilely reasons why nobody has pictures..
    so yes too exotic..

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Eitel  View Original Post
    4x2l Carbone.

Very nice balanced diving.
    what is in the 2 x2L on a side? At least that is way less bulky than a 7L+3L per side

On the JJ at least 2x 7L and 2x 3L makes for a massive heavy unit. Yes its sort of compact and contained. Standing up to dive, walking up the beach or ladder is scary wobbly.

2x 7L also mismatches the BO needs for the majority of dives. For wreck dives down to ~65m you don't need that 2x 7L of deep BO - an al80 is pretty functional. For cave dives its not enough and you have to add stages and for deeper caves the stages really add up.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    what is in the 2 x2L on a side? At least that is way less bulky than a 7L+3L per side

On the JJ at least 2x 7L and 2x 3L makes for a massive heavy unit. Yes its sort of compact and contained. Standing up to dive, walking up the beach or ladder is scary wobbly.

2x 7L also mismatches the BO needs for the majority of dives. For wreck dives down to ~65m you don't need that 2x 7L of deep BO - an al80 is pretty functional. For cave dives its not enough and you have to add stages and for deeper caves the stages really add up.
    Indeed, I also don’t really see the point , the only reason I like to play with trying to fit them is for locations where they don’t rent 3 L....on the other hand I usually bring them with me then.

Also if it’s really necessary I also modified my revo to no bottles at all just to 80 cufts off board, no 3 L

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

OK, you started

Majority of my dives is between 50-90 meters with a total dive time ~200 minutes +-X.
    Wreck, lake, no cave. I prefer to have all BO gases with me.

left side on-board: 7l+3l diluent e.g. 10/60, both connected to BOV (Y-Adapter)
    right side on-board: 7l+3l O2

Dependent on the dive I take 2-3 more stages 7l to 80cft.(18/35, EAN32, EAN50)

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

While I have seen 2x 7L and 2x 3L, certainly not with those mixes. The only way I have seen those configured is 2x7L manifolded together with lola valves. From 50-90m 15/55, 12/65 or 10/70 as dil and BO. 90m is iffy density wise with only 60% helium.

left side 3L is suit gas, right side 3L is O2.
    Intermediate deco gases and BO O2 in al80 or al40 stages so they are up front and easy to verify.

As someone who's had a couple back surgeries myself. And has also seen people slip and fall in doubles leading to an incredibly serious compound fracture, the thought of all that weight on anyone's back scares me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast