+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 4 tank config

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

4 tank config

Hi,

looking for a new unit to replace my AP Inspiration Vision unit (not urgent in the next 1-2 years).
    Since rEvo is available in the 2 Shearwater version I have an eye on it.
    One question: is it possible to mount two 7 liter tanks and two 3-4 liter tanks at the same time, any pics of such a config?
    (Please no discussion if this config makes sense or not, I just prefer to have 2 of my 5 bailout tanks on my back.)

Regards,
    Thomas (Scotty)

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: 4 tank config

You could mount two 3 L like it’s standard on a rEvo and then mount 2 7 l with cam bands and bolt snaps on the handle with small modifications, it won’t be comfortable above water but no problem under water.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    One question: is it possible to mount two 7 liter tanks and two 3-4 liter tanks at the same time
    Yes ;)

I have no pictures but it should be doable fairly easy..
    The rEvo frame provides available fittings to mount the main rebreather tanks and side fittings..

You would just have your 3 L tanks with the standard fittings and you could fit the 7 L with the side fittings.. Only disadvantage would be you would get a very wide profile on the back buck still a very shallow profile..

This would be working with the standard parts available..
    Note though that the side fittings are designed for much smaller objects (suit gas, battery tanks etc) so it might be a bit "wiggly" with the 7 L but should certainly be doable.

The other "custom" option I could see is fitting the 7 Ls with either a custom bracket construction (even potentially snap on brackets) onto the 3 L tanks in an angle that they sit between the 3 L tanks and the scrubber lid.. Might as well work with cam bands..
    It also would result in a significantly higher profile of the overall unit then..

But doable.. for sure..

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Can't see how those side tank fixations would take a 7 litre cylinder. I use them for 3 litre steels and that's about the most I'd use them for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Quote Originally Posted by cb1  View Original Post
    Can't see how those side tank fixations would take a 7 litre cylinder. I use them for 3 litre steels and that's about the most I'd use them for.

Well like I said straight out of the box it might be a bit wiggly and surely for general north sea currents like you guys have that's even bit more challenging, but there should be ways to use those as basis and then build something around them to stabilize..

Otherwise staying at same position (which I would not like for the wide profile) it should be fairly easy to directly fit to frame via cam bands or to build a custom fitting

Or to put it the other way round it should not be any more difficult than fitting those tanks to a inspiration travel frame from where likely scotty is coming from..

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

4 tank config

7L with cam bands on the place where the 3l would go and a cam band with boltsnap (like a stage) wich attaches to the top handle to take the weight away from the original revo fittings. 3l ‘s on the side

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

rEvo III rms

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    7L with cam bands on the place where the 3l would go and a cam band with boltsnap (like a stage) wich attaches to the top handle to take the weight away from the original revo fittings. 3l ‘s on the side
    :) I was going to say that weight should not be an issue for the fittings, but I apparently underestimated the extra dry weight of a 7L.. I had it close to a 40cft which would only be 1 kg more than the heavy 3 L steel.. But seems that dry weight of a 7 L Al is almost double than the 3 L heavy steel..
    So good point certainly something to stay aware of, but given the relatively short lever of the hooks of the fittings I still would not expect an issue..

On a Micro I would rather see space issues at the place of the 3 Ls..even with cambands..
    The steeltanks are already very tight at the micro and going to a 7L you are adding 50 mm of diameter..
    Might work with some stretching on a standard with cambands and the fittings..
    But If putting in place of the 3 Ls then I would likely try to work with cambands (or a custommade fitting) directly to the housing and not work with the original fittings..

Putting the 7 L in that postion though also means you need to fiddle with the 1 stages for the rebreather tanks..

Before you do that it might make more sense to simply use larger tanks instead of the rebreather tanks but it might mitigate with the "unknown" Bailout thoughts scotty has.. but he did not want to have a discussion why to mount those 4 tanks..

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

If I had to put some large cylinders on the sides of the rEvo I would use some Metalsub brackets.

This one bolted on the side:

And this one on the tank:

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

You would then have boltheads inside the box with the lungs rubbing against them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

No because there is a liner protecting the lungs from the case. ;)
    And you can be smart and put the head inside the case and the bolt on the Metalsub bracket.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast