+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why is the rEvo mouthpiece so expensive?

RBW Member ColdWaterHusky is an unknown quantity at this point ColdWaterHusky's Avatar
    rEvo III

Why is the rEvo mouthpiece so expensive?

Add Helium stocks it for $138. I get that it's more than the $8 "normal" mouthpieces we use on OC regs, we've got the lip seal, gagstrap, and a nicer rubber. Well, mask straps are a dime a dozen, and the gagstrap is hardly a big leap from a mask strap. Where does this cost come from?

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

Re: Why is the rEvo mouthpiece so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by ColdWaterHusky  View Original Post
    Add Helium stocks it for $138. I get that it's more than the $8 "normal" mouthpieces we use on OC regs, we've got the lip seal, gagstrap, and a nicer rubber. Well, mask straps are a dime a dozen, and the gagstrap is hardly a big leap from a mask strap. Where does this cost come from?
    Because it's made by Dräger. It's like asking why an H&K pistol is so expensive, "Because you suck, and we hate you. -HK"

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC  View Original Post
    Because it's made by Dräger. It's like asking why an H&K pistol is so expensive, "Because you suck, and we hate you. -HK"
    afaik it is not made by Dräger anymore..

As far as US pricing goes you have to consider that it has to be imported from EU in relatively small batches and also Add helium has to make a margin on those items.
    It is cheaper in Europe but also there the starting price is quite high..

So the base question is valid. Of course it would never HAVE to be that expensive.. It certainly provides a hell of a margin for the OEM..

At least there is some improvement now that the gagstrap itself now is separable from the mouthpiece, so hopefully the gagstrap only will come available soon so one will not be forced to buy a full new mouthpiece, when the gagstrap did tear apart..

IANTD rEvo Instructor koni is an unknown quantity at this point koni's Avatar
    rEvo III mini&micro rMS NERD

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

correct : they are produced by rEvo and 2 parts:
    Look at original pricelist at factory : www.rEvo-rebreathers.com:

R527 48620527 Safety strap complete for mouthpiece 50 €
    R528 48650001 silicone bytepiece with lipshield 45 €

add your local VAT

regards

Koni

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Quote Originally Posted by koni  View Original Post
    correct : they are produced by rEvo and 2 parts:
    Look at original pricelist at factory : www.rEvo-rebreathers.com:

R527 48620527 Safety strap complete for mouthpiece 50 €
    R528 48650001 silicone bytepiece with lipshield 45 €

add your local VAT

regards

Koni

Thanks Koni.. I had checked on the webstore and had not yet found the separate pieces.. Did not think of checking in the price list..

in regards to: why does it have to be so expensive, broken down it seems almost worse though with 50 and 45 EUR, where the mass produced standards (regular mouthpiece nad regular mask band) are all items that are available in 1 digit numbers ;)

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

Mouthpiece from a Poseidon Cyklon is wide and may fit. I used them on an old Dragar dolphin hack.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

I think Martin at tecme.de has them a bit less expensive. Check his website.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

I like them - but I could not get mine to seal on my shrimp. I have a dive buddy with the same problem. Leaked no matter what we did - so I ditched the gag strap (although I didnt want to)

rEvo III rms

Quote Originally Posted by manni-yunk  View Original Post
    I like them - but I could not get mine to seal on my shrimp. I have a dive buddy with the same problem. Leaked no matter what we did - so I ditched the gag strap (although I didnt want to)
    Try again with the new strap that you can seperate from the mouthpiece.
    get that strap only and still use regular mouthpiece.
    you are able to fix the strap behind the mouthpiece..
    I tried that in Safaga last month.. worked well.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    Try again with the new strap that you can seperate from the mouthpiece.
    get that strap only and still use regular mouthpiece.
    you are able to fix the strap behind the mouthpiece..
    I tried that in Safaga last month.. worked well.

Thank You - I will try that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast