+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ADV functionality from modified BOV

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

ADV functionality from modified BOV

wondering if anyone has experimented with poking a hole in a BOV barrel so that when in closed circuit, neg pressure would still trigger the BOV's 2nd stage?

I know Poseidon's BOV is designed to do this, but with some proprietary gadgetry.

I guess the risk would be also allowing your exhale to escape through the 2nd stage exhaust, but if the physics worked out with loop positioning, this would be a feasible, yes?

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: ADV functionality from modified BOV

I think your "hole" would need some sort of directional check valve to only allow gas to flow into the loop but not be able to vent.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member jk1 is an unknown quantity at this point jk1's Avatar
    RB80, JJCCR

Quote Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity  View Original Post
    wondering if anyone has experimented with poking a hole in a BOV barrel so that when in closed circuit, neg pressure would still trigger the BOV's 2nd stage?

I know Poseidon's BOV is designed to do this, but with some proprietary gadgetry.

I guess the risk would be also allowing your exhale to escape through the 2nd stage exhaust, but if the physics worked out with loop positioning, this would be a feasible, yes?
    You could simulate this by slightly cracking open the BOV. What you will likely find happens is the BOV freeflows into the loop continuously and you vanish in an upwards direction.

HTH
    John

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

somewhere out there, I recall a few BOVs doing this. I know the Poseidon has this feature, and the Apoc claimed this also.

There was another unit, but I dont recall which....any guesses?

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

This is how the Divesoft IBOV's ADV works.

+ Reply to Thread