+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Second battery box for Meg apecs 2.7

RBW Member enzolanz is an unknown quantity at this point enzolanz's Avatar

Second battery box for Meg apecs 2.7

Hi guys, I need to solve a doubt.
    I have a MEG APECS 2.7 with Computer Shearwater. The Shearwater has a 3.7volt internal battery and another 7.5volt external battery but inside the head. This battery is just the same as the pendat battery that drives the solenoid. What would the Shevwater 7.5volt external battery do? Would not the internal battery be enough to read the oxygen cells?
    Unfortunately, my MEG has the Shearwater external battery box with the damaged circuitry and therefore reads me wrong voltage values. For this reason, it does not allow me to calibrate.
    I'm looking for a whole box in exchange, in the European market.
    Thank you so much for your answers.

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

Re: Second battery box for Meg apecs 2.7

On an APECS 2.7 Meg, with a Shearwater monitor (or Fischer cable) the secondary battery just runs the isolation board for the monitor. The secondary battery box really doesn't have much in the way of circuitry, other than the switch and the battery connection... if you're getting wonky cell voltage readings, that's going to require having a service center investigate the secondary (isolation) board... a more thorough explanation can be found in the APECS Operational Instructions (v. 2.7), which can be downloaded from the ISC website:

http://www.megccr.com/wp-content/upl.../APECS-2_7.pdf

HTH

RBW Member asender is an unknown quantity at this point asender's Avatar
    Revo micro

Is the shearwater divecan or analog .. The battery box are different.

Adrian

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

APECS 2.7 isn't DiveCAN...

RBW Member enzolanz is an unknown quantity at this point enzolanz's Avatar

Thank you guys!

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Echo is spot on here.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

The APECS 2.5/2.7 battery box only has a small protection board inside the box. All the electronics and Iso board are housed in the box next to the Primary Battery box. If you are experiencing calibration issues it is very doubtful the battery box is the cause but you can check by unscrewing both and swapping them over to see if the problem is solved or not.

If the problem remains you'll need to send the head in for repair......It's not a big job and shouldn't take too long.

Regards,

Lance

+ Reply to Thread