+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Industrial Valve to Din.

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Industrial Valve to Din.

Hi All,
    I want to take O2 from an Industrial valve ( I don't know the name of the valves) to a DIN scuba connection, please see the photos. for some reason it doesn't seal. I have orings that are in good condition where they are meant to be. The only thing I can think is that the fully metal connector in the photo is 300 bar ( longer) and on my wip is 200 bar. Is that possibly the problem and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance.\
    D

RBW Member hamishmorrison is an unknown quantity at this point hamishmorrison's Avatar
    JJ DiveCAN

Re: Industrial Valve to Din.

Hi Nubium, the pointed end that goes into the industrial O2 cylinder is a bullnose. Difficult to say how deep the thread is on the other side, but you are probably right that it is 300 bar. It should be possible to unscrew that half of the adapter & replace it with a 232 bar equivalent: https://subaqua-products.co.uk/catal...ory_pathway-22

Hamish.

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by hamishmorrison  View Original Post
    Hi Nubium, the pointed end that goes into the industrial O2 cylinder is a bullnose. Difficult to say how deep the thread is on the other side, but you are probably right that it is 300 bar. It should be possible to unscrew that half of the adapter & replace it with a 232 bar equivalent: https://subaqua-products.co.uk/catal...ory_pathway-22

Hamish.
    Great,
    thanks Hamish.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

I had a similar issue, not there but with 5 thread DIN fittings on a transfill whip which wouldn't work with 7 thread valves on a twinset I was using for a source. It was all 200 bar stuff (the 300 bar valves weren't required on those tanks, they were just what I had to hand).

I ended up turning up a brass button on the lathe with one side flat, one side with a DIN o-ring groove in it, the thickness of two threads. Same diameter as the end of the DIN fitting and a hole in the middle same as the DIN stalk. It went into the 300 bar fitting o-ring down, just like the end of the DIN fitting would, and presented a new sealing face a little shallower for the 5 thread DIN stalk.

Worked beautifully for years, only hassle was occasionally losing one and having to make another :)

+ Reply to Thread