+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Beaufort, NC USA

RBW Member bpevans is an unknown quantity at this point bpevans's Avatar
    TBD

Hello from Beaufort, NC USA

Soon to be a new RB diver. After many years of considering it I'm looking to make the jump later this year. Here to gather opinions and advice and have all but decided on going the Dive rite Optima route with backmount CL and Shearwater electronics unless someone talks me out of that route. In North Carolina and do a fair bit of wreck diving, inshore diving, wreck hunting, and some spearing and lobstering.

RBW Member HaisaiMatt is on a distinguished road HaisaiMatt is on a distinguished road HaisaiMatt's Avatar
    MK15.5, rEvo, Sentinel, LarV

Optima, MK15

Re: Hello from Beaufort, NC USA

Quote Originally Posted by bpevans  View Original Post
    Soon to be a new RB diver. After many years of considering it I'm looking to make the jump later this year. Here to gather opinions and advice and have all but decided on going the Dive rite Optima route with backmount CL and Shearwater electronics unless someone talks me out of that route. In North Carolina and do a fair bit of wreck diving, inshore diving, wreck hunting, and some spearing and lobstering.
    I think that's an excellent choice. I owned one of the first Optima FX's and it's nothing like the current version. I wish they would actually rename the rig to reflect this. I've never dealt with a better company than Dive Rite. It seems like Dive Rite markets heavily to the cave community, so I think that unit gets overlooked often outside of that community.

Good Luck,
    Matt

RBW Member TCVA is an unknown quantity at this point TCVA's Avatar
    O2ptima

You won't regret the O2ptima. You will love diving a CCR in NC...same dive sites, no rush.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Nice to meet you on RBW.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread