+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DIY quick fix for Nerd ver.1.

RBW Member decostanza is an unknown quantity at this point decostanza's Avatar
    rEvoIII Ti

DIY quick fix for Nerd ver.1.

I think I want to love my NERD as I am a huge fan of all things Shearwater...but the goofy strap attachment fights me every...single...time I get in the water. Yesterday it was enough to make me almost want to pitch it and go back to a DREAM (yes I was that frustrated!). It is the strap that continually loosens and comes undone on me. I have looked all over the net from folks doing 3D printing of a new mount to even considering buying the Ver.2 clip to use on my Ver.1 unit as a solution to a continual problem.

It was then that I took a short piece of bungee, took off that damn strap, tied a Davys knot (why not?) around the metal hooks and voila, a DIY fix that actually worked and fit my standard REVO DSV...By replacing the strap, I have the stretch to attach the hook then when closed it provides enough tension to stay closed...and it fits the groove between my mouthpiece and the adjustable hose clamp.

Thought I would post it here for others equally frustrated looking for a solution...I feel so much better now about the NERD.
    Last edited by decostanza; 16th October 2017 at 17:03.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: DIY quick fix for Nerd ver.1.

What 's wrong with the revo clip to attach the nerd if you dive with the dsv ?

With a BOv I use the tecme attachment.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

rEvoIII Ti

I have a standard DSV and not a BOV...and being at the dive site and needed a quick solution. Next step is to mod a clip to Revo clip, but now its not as urgent as it was.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

You don't need to mod, there is a standard revo clip for the nerd. I will take a pic later

rEvoIII Ti

Thanks EngelenD,
    Are you referring to the standard clip off the DREAM hud?

rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

rEvoIII Ti

Thank you EngelenD, I appreciate the time you took for the pic. That is exactly what I was looking for and was about to begin fabricating one. Did you make that or did you find it for sale?
    Last edited by decostanza; 16th October 2017 at 20:36.

rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

It's standard rEvo, you can buy it at rEvo website, guess you can find it under "spares" , otherwise just send an email to revo

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Can I ask is the NERD acting as the controller or just as a replacement for the Dream?

rEvoIII Ti

EngelenD,
    Thanks...I had previously checked the website and didn't see it there...it is now. I appreciate the heads up and I'm placing my order now.

Cb1,
    I'm using my NERD as primary and Petrel as secondary...pulled DREAM off and its sitting in the corner collecting dust.
    Don
    Last edited by decostanza; 17th October 2017 at 15:30. Reason: changed perdix to petrel for accuracy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast