+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rEvo diver in Germany

RBW Member connerthesaint is an unknown quantity at this point connerthesaint's Avatar

rEvo diver in Germany

Hey there,

I got a question, is here anybody who comes from Germany Hanover region? I really would like to chat with a rEvo experienced diver about the system.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Best regards
    Steffen

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: rEvo diver in Germany

Hi, I'm too far away, Belgium , 30 min from Aachen but I go every 6-7 weeks to Rahden . I don't know or that is still far away but usually I'm there for 2-3 days. I expect to go again in 2-3 weeks.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

You do understand that you can have a pretty lively conversation via this forum don't you? Ask a question or just about others opinions on something and you will get responses from all over the world.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by connerthesaint  View Original Post
    Hey there,

I got a question, is here anybody who comes from Germany Hanover region? I really would like to chat with a rEvo experienced diver about the system.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Best regards
    Steffen
    or just send a mail to rEvo HQ?

info@revo-rebreathers.com

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Chuck Norris Diving Team scuba_Mike is on a distinguished road scuba_Mike is on a distinguished road scuba_Mike's Avatar
    rEvoIII- rMS / APinspo&Triton

rEvoII-mCCR Boris & Sentinel

Hi,

If you have Facebook here is the FB group for Germany
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1642091492739453/

But many are here to feel free to ask
    Regards
    Rebreather support in the Alps
    www.recycleur.eu

RBW Member connerthesaint is an unknown quantity at this point connerthesaint's Avatar

Hi there,

thank you all for the answers :) !

It is more like to meet each other in person. I already had a really nice conversation with Marcus Romeike at the BOOT 2017 about the unit. And to be honest it is the only one which I am interested in. To visit Marcus for a short chat it is a 3-4 hours drive. Same for Michael Keimes.

My current concerns are more like:
    - Will you find a buddy in the near area?
    - Is it really worth to invest such an amount of money?

I dive for 15 year now, mostly in Germany and I am a resue diver.

Anyway I am interested in rebreather for a long long time e.g the Dräger LAR V etc.
    The revo is alway on my mind but I am not sure if I would use the unit like it has to be (example: do you need a revo for a 50min dive to max 25-30m ?!)

I want to dive deeper in my future and I want to learn more about diving (diving with mix gases and so on) but for me the price of the unit and the training is a huge amount to invest. I am not complaining. Do not get me wrong. If you want good quality you have to use a certain amount of money.

Maybe you can give me some thoughts from your side about my concerns

Thanks
    Steffen

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

... but I am not sure if I would use the unit like it has to be (example: do you need a revo for a 50min dive to max 25-30m ?!)
    short answer: surely not, but you already knew that ;)
    Is it fun and can one enjoy the silence also on short and shallow dives? Absolutely!

I want to dive deeper in my future and I want to learn more about diving (diving with mix gases and so on) but for me the price of the unit and the training is a huge amount to invest.
    Well here we go, once you go deeper and dive mix is where the Rebreather plays its biggest advantages..
    Also if one does a vast amount open circuit mix dives anyhow, then the investment into a reabreather and the necessary training is quickly amortized..
    Or the other way around with a reabreather mix gas might become a little more available for folks with a tighter budget..
    HOWEVER: Be aware that if you thought recreational diving as you had been doing so far is expensive.. When starting technical and mix gas diving, you are entering a world of pain costwise! You can easily multiply the cost of your current dive trips by a factor of 3-5 in average and there is no limit depending how much farther and more exotic you want to go..
    You have been warned ;)

Martin Michel Tinu is an unknown quantity at this point Tinu's Avatar
    rEvo micro exp, RMS + NERD

rEvo standard

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    Is it fun and can one enjoy the silence also on short and shallow dives? Absolutely!
    Because of this silence you will be much closer to all the fishes. A turtle just 2cm in front of your nose... You can watch them how they flirt or hunt each other, scrub their back in the sand, let them clean by others ... or how they defend their territory against your finger.

Beside the silence, you will be breathing moist and warm gas.

First of all thanks for your answers!

In the past I did a course on the Dräger Dolphin and I was really amazed about the "other side" of diving. Unfortunatley I did not brought a unit to that time. Do not ask me why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    and that is what I am thinking about: Do I really need a Revo for that? A good used Dräger Dolphin for example would be a good option to start or even a 100% O2 rebreather like the Dräger LAR V (Surely difficult to find but worth a try!) or OMG 96 would bring my to enjoy the silence.

I would try deeper and longer dives on OC first (e.g 30m to 35m ) and than in a couple of years go to technical diving / rebreathers. I am 31 years so I got a couple of year in diving ;) I am just a bit afraid to "miss" something.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

and that is what I am thinking about: Do I really need a Revo for that? A good used Dräger Dolphin for example would be a good option to start or even a 100% O2 rebreather like the Dräger LAR V (Surely difficult to find but worth a try!) or OMG 96 would bring my to enjoy the silence.

I would try deeper and longer dives on OC first (e.g 30m to 35m ) and than in a couple of years go to technical diving / rebreathers. I am 31 years so I got a couple of year in diving ;) I am just a bit afraid to "miss" something.
    O2 rebreathers are ok to use to a depth of up to 10m (though this is already pushing the envelope)
    Given that scientifically measure concentrations (with and without frequent flushing) are ranging between 80-85% O2 in the loop

at 10 m you have a PO2 of at least 1,6 to 1.7 , right after flushing up to 2 bar..
    Recreational diving recommendations are not to exceed 1,4 bar during the "working phase" of the dive (meaning "bottom time") or given that depth you will never enter any decompression phase your whole dive.
    If you want to strictly apply that then you would have to limit your depth 7 m..

If it is thaaat shallow you intend to dive.. sure then an O2 breather is an option.
    Those can come very cheap..
    check out this site http://www.oxydiver.de/ in German for inspirations in regards to cheap 100% Oxy Rebreather options built from different bases.
    Contact the guy for a while at least he sold fully converted "NVA Panzerretter RG-UF/M" for around 300 EUR I think it was..

Another option would be to score a Dolphin Bypass and fit it to a Ray. If you just use the bypass and close the orifices.. there you go you have a 100% O2 breather.. (that's how I "built" mine)

I would not recommend to "waste" time with SCRs..

So to answer your question again "Do I really need a rEvo for that":
    It remains surely not!
    How many times do you want to hear/read it ;)

But to end that question with Westernhagen: "Aber geiler is schon.."