+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hollis Prism 2 for sale

RBW Member jdlogicman is an unknown quantity at this point jdlogicman's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Hollis Prism 2 for sale

I bought this near the end of 2013 and dived it in San Diego for 142 dives. Loved every minute of it, but I'm switching back to open circuit since my dive buddies are never going to make the plunge with me.

Includes 2 23cf faber steel tanks with Hollis rebreather-stytle valves.

Asking $3800, including up to $100 shipping in the USA. $100 off and almost a full jug of sorb if you pick it up in San Diego.

Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/YFqoc4i8sidjjceF7

I just had its annual service, which included pressure testing the main dive head. It is in perfect working order.

Two consumable items I am leaving to the new owner to handle:
    - I left replacing the O2 sensors to the new owner, but the existing ones are still reading in spec, so can be used to verify that the unit is working
    - I removed the DIR harness webbing, instead using the counterlungs for the shoulder straps. You can replace the DIR harness webbing easily if you prefer to dive it that way

Includes the items pictured:
    - Main rebreather head and all mounting brackets
    - Counterlungs and all fittings
    - Buoyancy bladder and inflator
    - Original aluminum backplate
    - Sorb basket, clear bucket, and all relevant parts
    - Attached shearwater dive computer
    - Decorative cover
    - Manual & CDs
    - 2 steel 23cf tanks

In this configuration, I can get 5 1-hour dives on the unit without refilling the tanks or changing the sorb.

Tanks were purchased new in 2013. They will be shipped with valves removed per DOT requirements.

NOTE: It is your responsibility to get properly trained on how to use this brand of rebreather. By buying this, you assume all responsibility for your own safety.

RBW Member jdlogicman is an unknown quantity at this point jdlogicman's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Re: Hollis Prism 2 for sale

I forgot to state it explicitly - everything pictured is included, even if I didn't call it out. Specifically, the regulators are included because they are in the pictures ;-}

This is a fully functioning unit, just needs new sensors and sorb and is ready to dive.

+ Reply to Thread