+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attaching Tech buttplate

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

Attaching Tech buttplate

Hello all,

I have a revo micro and have had the Dive Rite Tech buttplate attached with a couple of tie wraps on each side. Of course over time they break. So I tried a couple of pieces of light rope. Problem is once I attach a bottle it pulls the plate over to one side making attaching the other bottle problematic.
    Anyone have any idea/suggestions on attaching the buttplate to a revo micro?

Thanks, Al

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

Re: Attaching Tech buttplate

Have you used the real thick zip ties? I get them from lowes/home depot and they seem to be robust

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaAl  View Original Post
    Hello all,

I have a revo micro and have had the Dive Rite Tech buttplate attached with a couple of tie wraps on each side. Of course over time they break. So I tried a couple of pieces of light rope. Problem is once I attach a bottle it pulls the plate over to one side making attaching the other bottle problematic.
    Anyone have any idea/suggestions on attaching the buttplate to a revo micro?

Thanks, Al

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Use one of my stands instead. Problem solved!
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

There's a video on you tube of a guy using the 4 screws that attach the back of the unit to the bottom of the box to fix the butt plate. I did the same and it was easy to do and durable. Just mark out the holes on the butt plate and drill them . Then just screw the butt plate between the spacers and the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I have known divers to attach to the case back plate with quick links and also to bolt directly with 1/4" bolts. Of course I no longer associate with as*holes who do this rather than us one of my stands.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Or simply get the revo butplate wich connects to the bottem.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    Or simply get the revo butplate wich connects to the bottem.

That will not work on the older units without the slots cut in the case for it though.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    That will not work on the older units without the slots cut in the case for it though.
    Ok, I thought it worked on every unit. My unit is bought before the butt plate came out and I purchased the butt plate afterwards. Works fine

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

Just check out the revo buttplate on OceanEdge. Not cheap $151.50, I'll go out to the garage and look things over again.

Al

rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaAl  View Original Post
    Just check out the revo buttplate on OceanEdge. Not cheap $151.50, I'll go out to the garage and look things over again.

Al

yep, thats the one, didn't remember it was that expensive :saucy:

I also used a butterfly D ring on the crotch strap, did the job also

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast