+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BO - How do you place the second tank ?

RBW Member airb is an unknown quantity at this point airb's Avatar
    rEvo 3 St

BO - How do you place the second tank ?

Hi all,

I just booked my MOD 2 training

I would like to try several solution "how to place the second BO" before the training in order to be comfortable.

Please share you experiences and final choice with + and -

Ps.: today I'm using bungee/kind of sidemount for my BO

Tx

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Re: BO - How do you place the second tank ?

Al80 Bottom BO gets sidemounted on the left
    Al80 Deco BO gets sidemounted on the right

2x AL80s gets you to 60-65m (normoxic range) and the deco for ~25 mins of bottom time in cold water and are not that cumbersome to carry.

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Mine's the same as rjack. No need to worry about all left as there's no long hose to get into a mess!

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

All BO/deco cylinders go on the left(up to 3 ). Just like they would on OC.
    Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War....

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by rolanddiver  View Original Post
    All BO/deco cylinders go on the left(up to 3 ). Just like they would on OC.

I guess I need to ask why? There's no long hose off the right post issue like on open circuit doubles; so what is the issue with using the right side of your body to store a cylinder?

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

yea, like whut? You'll sound like 2 elephants fornicating underwater.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    I guess I need to ask why? There's no long hose off the right post issue like on open circuit doubles; so what is the issue with using the right side of your body to store a cylinder?

No issue. I would be that MOST CCR divers carrying 2 cylinders....carry them on L and R sides.

I sidemount one on the left with ring bungies....and one on the Right with Ring bungies.

Lean on left rich on the right

Bottom mix on the left. Next richest gas on the right
    Third richest gas on my left shoulder d ring and waist band d ring. (Like in OC)
    This set up is very rare because usually in a team of three one will have a bottom mix and an 80 of 100% and an 80 of 70% and an 80 of 50%.

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

All on my left, which keeps my right side clear for my camera and enables me to get close in on my right for some camera angles I cant get with a left/right split.

Being practical, that is my only reason. If it were not for the camera I would find a left/right split more comfortable.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    Al80 Bottom BO gets sidemounted on the left
    Al80 Deco BO gets sidemounted on the right

2x AL80s gets you to 60-65m (normoxic range) and the deco for ~25 mins of bottom time in cold water and are not that cumbersome to carry.
    Ditto. Not worried about long-hose problems encountered with staging on the right. If sidemounted, I also do not have to worry about propwash from scooter free-flowing regs (FWIW, I also have flow-stops on the second stages, so this is even less of a concern).

What I DO worry about is making sure that there is only one breathable BO tank on the left side. If I have to bail out, I may not be thinking clearly enough to go through a proper gas switch protocol (complete with buddy check) like I would switching deco gases on OC. Thus, breathable bottom mix on left, deco gas on right. I haven't moved past two bottle bailout dives yet, but I suspect the solution will be tmam bailout as mentioned above.

Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast